• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time How Will We Control the Ocarina?

I haven't really made a non-discussion sort of thread, but I was just wondering something.

So, the 3DS has a lot of features home consoles have, the joystic, the power, etc. but one thing that they took out from the N64 to the 3DS is the C-Buttons, so how will we control Link's ocarina?

Personally, considering the B button will likely be the way to cancel out of it, making the ABXY buttons out of the question, I think it might be touch-control. However, that worries me. Nintendo tends to screw up on those sort of areas if they're making features touch control like that (Spirit Flute anyone?) so I'm hoping for another option.

'Pinions?

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
i think they are going to use the directional pad (^,>,v,<) and A for the Ocarina, with B to cancel out. that's just what i think, though. let's hope they release a pic at E3 this year showing Link playing the Ocarina with all the button controls. cross your fingers!

Last edited:

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
I'm guessing it will be similar to the Spirit Flute control system. Involving the microphone use, obviously and then perhaps the other buttons. I, personally think there should be an option where you could turn off the mic function and control the ocarina in some other way; this is because some people's mics don't work or it is hard for them to use it etc.

Mamfi1908

The New Guy
How Will the Ocarina Work?

As the title says, how?
I think you would have to blow into the mic and push buttons to make different sound. :)
but this is about what you guys think! for those people who for some reason know this for sure, please don't spoil it.

I don't think Ol' Ninty will force any mic thingies, but they've done it before, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was that way.
Either way, it doesn't bother me at all to use the mic.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
it would impossible to use the mic, because the mic is all the way at the bottom of the system, under the screen, where the mic was on the original DS. so... using the mic is out of the question.

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
I would say that it would be the same as on the N64, GC, but then I realized that if they did that they would have to leave out the pitch-changing option. But, they could use the control pad with A, and using X and B to change pitch, with Y to cancel out. It's possible, but probably unlikely.

TopherD05

Hyrulian Knight
my guess is that they will use the d-pad or the new circle pad/analog stick that is above the d-pad. Heck they may even allow you to use both of them with a option in the control options menu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom