• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Will The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword Change the Zelda Series?

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Forgive me if there is already a similar thread to this but, Miyamoto stated "Quote" Twilight Princess is the last Zelda game as you know it "Unquote" , or something similar to that. What he means by that is that Skyward Sword will dramatically change the Zelda franchise as we know it. We already know that the "dungeon -field-dungeon-field" formula is going to be a dungeon/field, as so that: fields work like dungeons, and so on. Other than that, what else do you think will change, and are you content with the new formula rather than the old one? Personally for me, I am excited that Skyward Sword will change the Zelda franchise as we know it. The old formula was fine, but the new one looks very intriguing. What do you think?

Majora's Cat

How about that
There are dozens of possibilities. All we can be certain of is that once again, Zelda will change the face of gaming as we know it. ;)

There are dozens of possibilities. All we can be certain of is that once again, Zelda will change the face of gaming as we know it.

(Sarcastic) Well, I think Zelda shouldn't revolutionize the face of the gaming industry... just for a change. :dry: :lol::lol:

Seriously now, it's hard to think about something right now, that we have almost no content to work upon. Anyway, I'm guessing Zelda SS will be the first "masterpiece level" game to implement motion controls intensively. Perhaps, after Skyward Sword, bringing motion controls to the famous gaming franchises will become a tendency.

S

Shika

It's hard to figure out how they're going to revolutionize the series and/or gaming because they haven't revolutionized it yet. If I could figure out what they were doing, it wouldn't really be a revolution. Though an open world that also functions as seperate dungeons...they've given themselves a very good foundation to work off of. They won't disappoint, I'm just going to relax and enjoy whatever comes.

Maybe it'll be the way the fields and dungeons are created and how they both have different elements so it doesn't hold back their creativity. As well as motion controls.

I don't know. I hope it actually changes the series in some way for the better.

Maybe it'll just take the sidequest and NPC quality from MM, Epic quality from OoT, creativity quality from WW, and story telling quality from TP and fuse it together to have a very fulfilling game. Set a new standard in how fleshed out zelda games will be.

But maybe I'm getting my hopes up. Ill just take it for what it is. Probably another fun Zelda title that succeeds in a certain area and lacks in others. They usually turn out like that.

David

But you called me here...
Well, I think that the major difference between the older Zelda games and SS is the battle style. That may be all he was referring to, but who knows? Maybe they'll throw some serious plot twists and awesome changes to the Zelda formula. Either way, I'm super excited for Skyward Sword!

ComposerBrother

Composer of Hyrule
Perhaps they are just referring to the sword scheme and new items?
I don't know. :lol:
But I hope they include Flat/Sharp in the the future Zeldas. :puppy:
Or just more than one kind of sword/shield that isn't replaced by a better version. :nod:
It really would be nice just to change the item roster a bit.

D

DamnationZeRO

Maybe it'll be the way the fields and dungeons are created and how they both have different elements so it doesn't hold back their creativity. As well as motion controls.

I don't know. I hope it actually changes the series in some way for the better.

Maybe it'll just take the sidequest and NPC quality from MM, Epic quality from OoT, creativity quality from WW, and story telling quality from TP and fuse it together to have a very fulfilling game. Set a new standard in how fleshed out zelda games will be.

But maybe I'm getting my hopes up. Ill just take it for what it is. Probably another fun Zelda title that succeeds in a certain area and lacks in others. They usually turn out like that.

This is exactly what I'd like to see. I absolutely LOVED the side questing aspect of Majora's Mask. I really had a tremendous amount of fun helping out all the fellow people and enjoyed how "life like" that little world revolving around clock-town felt. Wind Waker also did a fairly good job at this but not nearly as good as MM in my opinion. I've been playing through Twilight Princess recently (strangely late for me with a Zelda game) and really think the game is amazing but have been very surprised by the complete lack of side quests that aren't just item gathering scenarios (bugs, poe souls, etc). Other than the Malo mart and a few other ones the game is really lacking in the side quests. Also very few people in the towns really have anything at all interesting to say. I found it odd how that aspect of the game seemed very obviously neglected this time around when nintendo seemed to of established it quite well and for the most part been steadily improving on it. I really hope we see a return to the MM's style of side quests with Skyward Sword.

MM had the best immersion with all of the side quests, as well as the very unique and complex dungeons. It was a fantastic experience. I hope they go this way with SS but with a little more emphasis on main quest. I also loved the feel and style of WW so I'm happy with the graphics they chose. If they do this I'll be a happy camper.

I'm extremely happy with the games graphics, hoping for good characters, plot and story telling. but I'm gonna have trouble with the motion. I've never played wii motion resort or whatever... All I want is not to dance around trying to kill a giant scorpion! if I don't have to stand up, I'll be fine... Also hope it feels natural...

I

InsaneWindWaker

I'm actuall kind of worried because the last time they drastically they changed the formula we got Zelda II(and we all know how that turned out)
Well it looks beautiful

They are mixing up the dungeons, and actually going back to basics; not derastically changing the formula. I think we are going to get more of a raw Zelda experience instead of the gimmicks they have been throwing in lately. It'll be more faithful to the core of what Zelda is.
Motion controls will make the combat feel new again, since the change from 2D to 3D. Now we'll have 3D to motion.
And the less repetitive formula of empty field to dungeon (room, key, room, key, room, item, room, boss key, room, boss,) will be switched up and less predicting. We may actually be a bit surprised during field and dungeon areas, and that gets me excited.

Absolute best Zelda ever if they do that.

D

DekuScrub

I definately want to see the return of Hidden Skills or something similar, like the Tiger Scrolls. Who's with me?!?

M

metaknight

I think I'm going to agree with Shika with this one. Wherever the Zelda franchise goes, it ought to be something good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom