• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How/Why Did You Choose Your Username?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
My name was originally VanitasXII, but two things happened: I posted questionable stuff and I got tired of looking at the name. So...I PMed Wyamoto and got my username changed to le Ventus. :)

Chilfo Freeze

Emma Jean Stone
I'm not gonna lie, mine was a half-a**ed attempt to be creative. I searched enemies in Twilight Princess (one of my favorites), and came up with Chilfos. I found them extremely difficult to beat on the first run-through of the game, so I figured, "why not?" Then I had to think of some kind of adjective or verb to go after it, because "Chilfo" just wasn't enough apparently.

Thus was born the fabulous name of "Chilfo Freeze."

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I've been using "Shadsie" as my online handle for years. Here's how it evolved:

"Evolved" being the operative word because I chose my first online handle back when I decided I wanted to write Pokemon fanfiction. This was like... 15 years ago. I needed a username to join a fanfiction site (that's now dead) and I didn't want to choose a fandom-specific one, like "Mew2," which was an author I read. I looked at my little gray cat named Shadow and typed in "Shadowcat." At the time, I had *no idea* that the name was shared by a character in the X-Men comics.

When I found that out in an awkward way (someone saying "Oh, you must be a Kitty Pryde fan!" and wondering of "Kitty Pryde" was a brand of cat litter), I changed my name to "Lady Shadowcat" for a while and kept that for a good long time, until I found other "Lady Shadowcats" on The Fanfiction Network and around the Internet in general. My online friends on the Pokemon / Trigun / General Anime and etc. forums and AIM buddies liked to call me "Shads" and "Shadsie" so I shortened my general username to "Shadsie."

THEN, I play Twilight Princess and find out there's a character named Shad in it. And people have connected the name to my username, assuming that I named myself after him when my username predates his existance in fiction by a longshot. I JUST CAN'T WIN!

Fictional characters need to stop stealing my username! And the overly generic name of my cat, for that matter!

(My cat, Shadow, is actually still alive... old thing. I couldn't take her with me when I moved across the country so she's been living with my parents for the last seven years. I get updates on her life. I miss her).

Not Take Mirror

Sage of Ice
Mine is from the cutscene for the boss in TP's Snowpeak Ruins. Link goes there to get a mirror shard and Yeta turns evil saying NOT TAKE MIRROR! and becomes the boss Blizzetta.

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I am a big fan of the band Jars of Clay. When I was in junior high, I was at the height of my love for the band. When I needed a new email address, I desperately wanted to include my favorite band, but in a timeless way. One of my favorite songs was "Disappear" and I tried to come up with something that sounded cool with that title....and here we are :)

Lord Carlisle

He Who Shall Not be Named
Several people tell me that my full name sounds extremely regal, kind of prince-of-England-like. So I thought the status of Lord fit both my name and I, and added my last name to the end of it.

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
Originally, my name here was _VioLink_ because of Violet Link at the Four Swords Manga. Four Swords is also my favorite game and Violet Link is my favorite character and violet is my favorite color. As I posted and posted in this community, I didn't felt like _VioLink_ fit me at all so I chose Violet.

I came up with this username a few years back for the simple reason that I... like chocolate, hahaha. 8D
Just decided to spell it a way that would be a bit more recognizable/less common.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I got my name from one of my favorite characters in one of the most epic books ever- Imajica. It's the name I've taken for the masculine side of my personality (John "Furie" Zacharius, the character's full name), and I've been using it for several years.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
At the time I first joined, I'd just finished Isaac Asimov's "Foundation" series for the nth time. The name of the Capital World of the Foundation was "Terminus" (meaning "end of the line", "the absolute end") for it's situation at the edge of the galactic disc. I really liked the way it sounded and thus this account was born.

Unfortunately, this username is taken almost everywhere else so my dA is "Terminian" and my gmails are hydroniumbattery and trenchcoatgallifreyan which I might change my name to eventually...

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
Good question, but easy answer for me. Eevee is my absolute favorite pokemon, so I thought it would be awesome! I used "Chan" for 2 reasons. One of those reasons is because "chan" is use to refer to girls most of the time in Japanese, & the 2nd reason was I didn't want to name myself Eevee.

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
My name came from a character in Final Fantasy X. I don't know why I picked it, but at the time it just seemed like it fits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom