• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How/Why Did You Choose Your Username?

For lots of creative, complex, and well-thought out reasons...

1. I like wolves A LOT... Just ask anyone.
  2. I'm a lone wolf.
  3. Ironically enough, I have been told numerous times by many people that I actually LOOK like a wolf - "fur" and all.
  4. Coincidentally, part of my middle name can mean "wolf" in Turkish. (Disclaimer: I am NOT of Turkish descent.)
  5. The Sage part derives from the fact that I have been told that I am wise beyond my years... whatever that means. And something else mysterious...

That is all...

My reasons aren't particularly brilliant or mind numbing.

My favorite Zelda games are A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time and a fusion of these two produces A Link In Time (Although I must point out it was originally A_LINK_IN_TIME but that was due to limits in the Intense Debate main site commenting system and I sought to maintain uniformity).

Also, I've never been fond of general usernames for some reason and seek ones that somewhat match the subject manner of the community.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
My reason would be plain and simple. I've had plenty of name changes here, and the time when I got this one I was currently enjoying playing a game called Enchanted Arms. The main hero is a guy named Atsuma. He fits my looks and the funny way that he acts during the game, so my choice for a new name was simple and I went with Atsuma.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I picked Azure Sage for two reasons. One, because Azure is my favorite color. Two, I used "Sage" because sages are well-respected, and I hoped to become a respected member of this community at some point. As for whether I achieved that, I'm not sure. But that's the meaning behind my username.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
My old username was Din's Fire because I couldn't think of anything else to make it. I changed it because I thought it was dumb.

I didn't come up with PancakeSamurai, WaffleNinja did. We used to be married on the forums but then we got divorced. I think the name came from my love of pancakes and me telling WaffleNinja "Pancakes > Waffles".

When I was in high school and got an Xbox, my friends called me WolfMonkey (Fairly hairy and agile, climbed trees really well), but that name was already taken on Xbox Live. When their auto-generated names came up, the last one was PatheticBarrel. Even though I no longer use Xbox, this is my name.

Good reason for me keeping it was when I played Minecraft A LOT, an admin on one of the servers would always greet me as: Barrel Me: Hello! her: You're Pathetic...

My username came about due to the necessity of time. I was watching the third annual Zelda For Eternity Marathon (I found out about it through Zelda Wiki). I was watching DodongoBomber's run through Twilight Princess. I came in around the first time he entered Kakariko Village. I just sat there watching him play for a while, no intentions of joining the chat (I've never been much of a chatroom person). He was a few rooms into the Goron Mines when I noticed something: he still hadn't equipped the Hylian Shield. I remembered that my Ordon Shield burnt to a crisp the last time I played through Twilight Princess, which greatly irritated me (I didn't like the look of the other wooden shields).

In an attempt to prevent that from happening to someone else, I created a Ustream account (I think. I'm not sure if that's what they used for the stream). I had a massive mental block due to the sudden nature of my account's creation, so I just went with the first thing that popped into my head. The name was already taken, so I tried several variations of the same thing until I got my current username. After that, I told him to put on the Hylian Shield, and he did just that. I ended up saving his Ordon Shield, which isn't exactly a world-shattering accomplishment since you never have to use it again at that point in the game (but still, I prevented the same mild annoyance that happened to me). Ever since then, that name sort of stuck with me.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
"Crazy for Crash", spelt with K's and a number to prove mah wackiness.

I used to go by "Krazy" for all general offline stuff, despite the cruelling lack of creativity involved. With the expansion to the internet, the alias would be too damn common for any hope of going by it online. Extending the name was the way to go. Being obsessed with Crash Bandicoot at the time and reading this generic magazine, pulling off a name involving both was simple. The 'for' was just for the sake of flow of a username and using the number... I dunno. Looks cool. :bleh:

The concept of the name relating to Crash Bandicoot has been lost, partly due to a change in avatar from the character himself to several others over time, but whatever, that's what the profile picture's for.

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
this is a really cool thread ;)

I chose mine because the apocalyptic, bad *** song THE OATH TO ORDER, has always been a favorite of mine

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
My username came about as a result of my love for the Harry Potter books, combined with my aspirations to become a true gentleman.

Reading the books as a kid I got to the part where they were explaining the rules of Quiddich. Oliver Wood got to the main ball used to score points: the Quaffle. Now, the rest of the magical words used in the series are really cool in their own right, but Quaffle has stuck with me ever since reading it.

I don't like my first or last name, they're incredibly generic and bland, but I really like my middle name, Quinn, as it's almost never seen in people's names. So I figured, I'll just use Quaffle in my username, and stuck an "r" at the end to make it a username, and it's stuck for the past decade or so in random forums, games, etc.

The "Sir" part is put on there to express my desire to behave in the most gentlemanly way possible on these forums. Though I am sometimes prone to random bouts of anger, which prompted me to find an avatar which matched both a high-class Victorian-era persona with mechanical contraptions to fit my engineering degree AND my potential for unfettered and raw rage. Hence, Lechku the Gold Demon has been my persona on these forums since the beginning.

Hsien Ko

Thread murderer
Because Hsien Ko is one of my favorite fighters in MvC3.
I just love how she is a chinese zombie, plus her theme song is really catchy.

magiclink

Shinigami
Well I chose magiclink because I had a huge obssesion with ocarina of time and I had learned that magic (in my oppinion) is the greatest power you can have in the game (as well as Majoras Mask, Minnish Cap, Legend of Zelda, ect.). You use magic to power most of your offence and deffencive items. And (obviously) "link" came from the main charector Link. Also a weird fact about my username (that I did not know till way after I made my profile) is it is named after a personal communicator and PDA marketed by Sony in the 1990's http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_Link
~magiclink

Well, i was originally Spiritofzant, i like Zant and I like how his spirit psychically broke Ganondorf's neck so... but then people always thought i was a guy, So i got my name changed from a giant fat blue ooccoo to a sexy dead humanoid fish lady... problem solved

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom