• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How/Why Did You Choose Your Username?

I figured it'd be cool to learn the origin of ZD usernames. Didn't see a thread, so here! :)

I came up with mine after watching Doctor Who and loving the Bad Wolf entity. Since the name "BadWolf" was always taken (in most places), I decided to add a word to it. I like the term "Rebel" (as well as "Rogue"), so I used that. And... BadRebelWolf was created!

Also, my Tumblr is called Rogue-Rebel. :D

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Curmudgeon (n). a bad-tempered, difficult, cantankerous person.

I'm a rationalist both naturally and by training. Reality makes me cranky.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I took my current name from one of my World of Warcraft characters, really simple as that. Before picking it for my character I had seen a really good Counter Strike player go by this name so I stole it from him/her. :xd:

I'm pretty bad for coming up with names for myself so I either snatch or modify ones I've seen before. :sweat:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
My original username, VanitasXII, was picked because I was totally bored. I would've picked something entirely generic--Link--but I figured that since I was on a Zelda fansite that the name was already taken. I was taken aback when I realized about two years into my stay at ZD that the name WASN'T taken until about a year or so after my initial joining the forums.

My current username, Ventus, was picked because I love the Kingdom Hearts character named Ventus. He's like, one of my top five favorite characters :3

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
When I joined my first username was Bigelover88. I am a Hockey addict and my ultimate hero was Eric Lindros who's nickname was the Big E because of his size and weight. He was a feared hockeyplayer. He had number 88. But I got tired of this name because it gave a fangirl impression and I hated that.
My current username is my real name followed by the number 28 which is the number of my favorite Flyer player Claude Giroux and my fav Hockeyplayer in general Alexander Semin

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I cam up with mine through the main site when I was commenting on the posts made by various members of the main site. Eventually I decided to make and Intense Debate account by the same name so that it would be a bit more defining.

When ALIT convinced me to join the forums a little over a year ago, I was trying to decide between using Darknut_Hunter or running with the moniker I use on other sites, Sooshi Shef (my screen name for almost everything and a variation of the original version used for my PS3 ID).

I eventually settled that Darknut_Hunter was better since a few people who posted on the forums and main site new me as that and it's stuck since. I've considered changing it a couple times, but decided against it since Darknut_Hunter is me. People know me by that name and I don't think it would be fair to them because it has my identity. You gotta know who you really are.

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
Six Ports of Vain was my username before this one, and the Six Ports of Vain themselves are the viral infected versions of the Six Paths of Pain that appear in my Tron Story, as such I always had Pain as my theme back then. Pain considered himself a God who would bring about Peace and as such I decided to refer to myself the Digital God of Peace, unlike Pain I didn't try to bring about a war to end all war though, I just went around spreading Sunshine and stuff~

My current username, Lord Vain, slightly branched from the one before it...I was a Digital God, so most just plain called me Lord Vain, Vain is also my self-given nickname so that certainly was a factor in me going with it. I don't use Pain as my theme all the time now as my current username isn't based off of the Vain appearing in my story.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I had just replayed Ocarina of Time when I decided to join ZD. I was thinking, "Hey, what's a user name that would be good on a forum site, a name that would get people to look and listen to my thoughts?" Then BAM. HEY! LISTEN! was born. ;)
Actually I couldn't really think of anything else.

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
Well, whenever I join a forum I usually make my username related to whatever I'm on. Basically Shadow Link mixed with Fierce Diety, 2 of my favorite characters in the Zelda series. Not very original I know, but I like it.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
My username is based off of the fictional character Atticus Finch. I read To Kill A Mockingbird in eighth grade and I instantly fell in love with it. I truly believe that he's an inspiring character to all of us. He always knows what to say, and gives the best advice to his children. He's very wise, and I really respect that about him as it shows who he is a character -- fictional or not. Although he may only exist in the book, he will always seem real to me. And thus my username is based off of him.

GirlWithAFairy

Man... the ****???
I have a tattoo of Navi on my wrist and it is a knock off of Link in OoT where he was called "The boy without a fairy". So since I have a fairy I am "GirlWithAFairy" Or for those that say "well thats a lot to type" theres GWAF or Fawg or Jenn or Gwaffy(But this is Axles pet name for me so hes the only one that uses it)

I was on my PS3 making a new account due no not being able to recall the main information from the one I had on my dads(I do however recall it having to do with LoZ though) before getting my own. So I just decided to make a new account without having anything Zelda based in it and the word "Killjoy" popped up. When I tried id I seen that it was already taken.Some cases I use "Killjoy" others I use "Killjoy Chaos".

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
How I got Linknerd09? Well, that's pretty simple. Link is from the Zelda Series character and nerd...I've been called nerd by mostly be my siblings and 09 is simply because I like the number 9 with the 0 before it. That concludes on how I, Linknerd09 was born.

Potassium. Story time~
[for short version, omit part(s) in brackets]

Once upon a time, four years ago, there lived a seventh grader named Amanda M████████. She had a desire to internet, but knew her parents--especially her dad--were too paranoid about creepers and rapists lurking within the murky depths of the internet trenches, so to throw off whatever possible criminals [lawl], she created an alias for herself and snuck onto the internets. She maded a super secrety secret of secrety secrets: a Gmail account, under her alias' name, Mandy Mackerson. She ventured forth on a great and treacherous voyage, in attempts to deceive any possible pedophiles.

During the Gmail account creation process, they didn't let her use the username she wanted, and gave her a list of suggestions of usernames. Of these was mandym287. In an act of whim and great desperation to unite herself with the marvel that are internets, she highlighted the username, copied and pasted it into the username field.

[She recycled the username for the few amount of sites that she registered on with that email address, until she got caught. On this very forum community, she began to feel a sense of comfort and safety, and finally changed her forum account's email address to one that she regularly uses, but one that her parents could access. Fatal Error. Internet curfew arranged. Her father found a notification from a Zelda Dungeon Forum Community, informing of a friendship request. He scolded Amanda and delted her fourms set up internets to be blocked from 10P.M. to 6P.M., only allowing her four hours of internet on a daily basis.

As his trust level with her gradually began to increase due to responsible behavior, the curfew has been extended to only be blocked from 12A.M to 6:30A.M.. This is still her current internet curfew. All because she wanted to internet.]

Afterword: Amanda no longer uses the alias. Because aliens.

THE END

Last edited:

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Ha! Good question. I was stumped when prompted to register a username on Zelda Dungeon. After several long moments of wracking my brain for something appropriate, finally Castle came to mind. Dunno why. Hyrule has castles and coincidentally I enjoy watching the television detective drama Castle starring Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic so since I wanted to get the registration process wrapped up I just ran with it.

I tried to think of something creative that was more Zelda oriented but I think Castle works just fine.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom