• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How/Why Did You Choose Your Username?

I think i explained this in another thread but since it died i shall give my reason again. My username comes from years of being called names in school. "Bigred" refers to "Clifford The Big Red Dog" and "Atheist" refers to my non belief in a deity. I chose this username because it best suits me.

Talicor

Bringer of Dragons
Interestingly enough, my username actually comes from a book I'm writing called "The Dragons of Talicor" Talicor being the land in which they live, and wanting to stick out from the many Zelda themed usernames, That and the fact that I couldn't decide on using just one character's name. (I just love them all TOO much!) I chose simply Talicor, so I could represent all my beloved dragons in one name.
(If you want to know more, just PM me!)

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Pretty lame username but here's how I got mine....

My friends always say that I think am cool, btw I dont! Plus am kind of relaxed...So thats the cool part!

I always use the term guy for almost everyone

And the Justa bit I chose because I like the fact that it's just me....Plus I think it flows well

So put that together and you get my lame username :)

Kybyrian

It's a funny story, actually. Once upon a time, I stole a username from someone else. His name is Alkara on this forum, and he previously used the username Kyjin. I used that on a couple forums for a while, as I thought it was pretty cool. He didn't mind until he started using it again, but by that time I had grown pretty tired of it anyway. I had started using Kenpari around that time. For some reason, the K is just really appealing, and I've taken a certain fondness to usernames that start with a K during all of my time on the internet. Moving on with the story, I actually forced this one out completely randomly with my imagination on what sounded good. Besides those two previous usernames, which both gave some influence to it, there was absolutely no influence to it at all (Kenpari, by the way, was influenced by the Bleach character Kenpachi).

When I first came to this forum, I noticed there was a moderator here by the name of Avenged. He used to be known as Chrono on a long-gone Zelda forum named Zelda Legacy. Zelda Legacy was a very bad place, and Chrono was always a very bad person. Unpleasant to be around if not unintelligent, at the least. He didn't like me on Zelda Legacy, but I had changed since then, so I came up with the name Kybyrian spontaneously to hide my identity from him and have used this username and Kenpari interchangeably on various websites ever since then. He found out who I was months later, but by then I was already staff here and he didn't antagonize me for very long before moving on. And now look at me, I'm the admin and he's banned!

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Initially I was going to be TwilightWakerofTime, which is my username on most Zelda-related things. If you go back to really old comments on the front page posts of ZD and find an anonymous user named TwilightWakerofTime, it's probably me. But when I tried signing up for the forums, the username actually did not fit in the box. It was too long.

And thus, I had to think of something new. I considered just Windlilly, which is my name on everything else, but considering that this was a Zelda site I kind of wanted something Zelda-related. And so... I remembered a while back viewing a YouTube user named Heroine of Time. I thought it was really clever, so...

...yeah, I kind of stole it. Shhhh.

I can't find them anymore, anyway, so it doesn't matter, right? ...Right?

Memory

Forgotten Life
I don't know. Maybe because I think 'Memory' was a good name and it shows the memories of the past..? Or maybe I just like the word "What's left are memories".. I don't know why but I guess anything that has something to do with memories makes it feels.. You guys know that feeling too right..? I can't really describe it though..^^

Claire

The Geekette
When I first made my username, I signed up as Lenora Dragon. Lenora was a more feminine take on Lenore and during the time I was really into Lenore, The Cute Little Dead Girl. I honestly can't figure out why we had chose dragon to be a part of our usernames. See, my boyfriend (Alder Dragon) joined first. We shared the second part of our username on other sites, so that's what we did here. I like to think I'm getting better at picking cool usernames. [; Anywho! I can't remember when I changed it to Claire, which is my name, but I think it was around the time I was a moderator. It was just easier to keep track of my log-in information if I could change it to something I'd always remember.

Nine-tailed Fox

FUS RO DAH!!!!
I picked my username back when I was really into Naruto. I don't really care much for it now, but the username has extended to my other sites and really grown on me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom