• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Were You Introduced to Zelda?

D

Dr. Bomber

I got wind waker for the gamecube when I was like 7, I thought it looked like a cool game. I always got stuck at the forsaken fortress so I would just start the game over and play around on outset island. Finally after about two or three years I got out and got stuck in the first temple, so I would keep starting over and explore any island I could reach. Seems boring but I really enjoyed it. After that I beat that temple it wasn't long before I started playing through the entire game, falling in love with it the until the very end. When we got a wii and I found out the new Zelda game, twilight princess, was on it, that was the first game I got for it. During the time that it took me to beat TP I went through WW a second time and it wasn't until then that I realized what a masterpiece of a game it was. It remained my favorite game until I beat TP the second time in a much shorter time frame. TP then just barely overtook WW as my favorite game. Since then I've bought OoT on the virtual console and on the 3DS and it's on its way to becoming both the my first completed three heart challenge. I've also started a whole ton of other Zelda games to the point where I'm kind of swamping myself down. (I'm currently playing through six that I have not yet finished). So, yep, that's it. Now i've finally decided to get an account for the forums on the best web site for the best video game series.

My parents had the nintendo system as when i was younger, and my brother was a bit older than me and played the original zelda, I watched him play it and tried playing it myself shortly afterwards. I really got into the series with Ocarina of Time, a long time later. But I still enjoyed The original zelda and Zelda 2

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I was at Summer Camp and they had a bunch of consoles set up.
One of which was the Gamecube.
They had Ocarina of Time in and I know this because I remember the Great Deku Tree.
I was 4-5 years old at the time, so that dungeon was really hard for me.
I have no memory of me playing Zelda any earlier than that.
I guess you could say I was fortunate to even play it considering all of the kids hogging the systems.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
You played Zelda when you were three? Wow. I didn't have any kind of gaming system when I was that age...

My parents bought my sister and me Super Smash Bros. Melee on the GameCube. She really liked playing as Zelda (since, you know, we're little girls and magical princesses are cool) so our parents bought us The Wind Waker. We got as far as Forsaken Fortress, but we couldn't figure out how to get out of the jail. Finally, our TV got a brightness update, and suddenly the screen wasn't as dark anymore, and we could actually see the jar up on top of the shelf that could be moved to crawl into the hole. Then we looked up a walkthrough to find out which searchlight we were missing that kept catching us. And finally, we completed the rest of the game.

After that we got Phantom Hourglass because it was Wind Waker's sequel, and from there we got Twilight Princess, and then Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask and... yeah.

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
i owned one system, a gameboy coler, my sister owned an Gameboy Sp and we had no home gaming stystem, after awhile my mother finally gave in and bought us a gamecube and a bunch of games, including, Billy Hatchered, Kirby airide, some pokemon game with lugia, some other games, and windwaker, i played all of them but wasnt particulary intersted in WW at first evuntuly however i started to get into it and beat it, later for easter i got ALTTP/Four swords gameboy advance cartridge i then bought OOT gamecube at gamestop, PH, ST, FSA,TP, my three ambassador games, Loz, Aol, Mc, i then bought LA for 3DS, and MM for wii last i bought SS and here i am now, an obsessed Zelda fan.

Last edited:
I had a Game Boy Color, Advance, and N64, but I didn't start playing Zelda until the 2006 release of Twilight Princess. I got it for Christmas, played it, and fell in love. I also loved Princess Zelda and Link in Super Smash Bros, just as characters. I was pretty much obsessed after TP.

Rare Addict

Site Staff
I was introduced to the Zelda series through the original Super Smash Bros. Shortly after discovering who this "Link" character was, I ended up playing through Ocarina of Time. The rest, as they say, is history. /cliché

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
It was my fourth birthday, I got a N64 along with Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time. I've been obsessed with both series ever since then.

triforce_power

One of the Sheikah
In 2007, when I was 9, I became very interested in games (well the DS, I always thought they looked fun) so I asked for one for Christmas. On Christmas day, I got the Nintendo DS lite that came bundled with Nintendogs, my sister got the one with Phantom Hourglass. After an hour or so, we switched games (I had seen her playing it and thought it was interesting) I couldn't stop playing (thoug I did get stuck alot) 2 years later when I was 11, I finished PH and wanted to know if there were any other Zelda games (i knew there was becaue of the prolouge and I had seen Twilight Princess in stores) Then(actually a few days later) I saw an ad for Spirit Tracks on TV, and became very interested. I got it for Christmas and started playing it. It wasn't as fun as PH but I still liked it. It still wasn't enough to get me really into it though.
I beat Sprit Tracks in September 2011 when I was 13. I had a friend in my homeroom and she was really into it so we talked alot about it (she hadn't played ST or PH but she'd played others) I got Skyward Sword for Christmas and really became addicted. I got OoT, LoZ, and AoL for VC January 2012, and when I finished SS (a few days before my birthday) I tried OoT a little more (I kept getting stuck). Feb vacation I got Twilight Princess and in March I ordered a Gameboy Advance, just so I could play the older Zeldas.
Just recently my mom told me that it was a family friend that had reccommended her to buy the Zelda DS pack since he thought it was good.
My sister didn't really get into it though xD, she still hasn't finished PH
Since then I've been obsessed xD

L

Legendary 1998

It was a shame that i actually started to take a glimpse of Zelda-related objects in SSBB( I don't even have played SSBB!), and my first Zelda game is actually Skyward Sword........................

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom