• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Were You Introduced to Zelda?

Braivety

FPT | Breb
When I was like 3 0r 4, my family was going on a plane trip somewhere. Since they knew we would be bored, they bought me and my brother each a Gameboy Color. It was great. I got A Link to the Past, so that was my first game. Sadly, I lost it in a rental car. Even after that, I wasn't super into Zelda, although I loved video games. My fav was ssbb. It wasn't until LavaAnon told me to buy Ocarina of Time on the Wii Shop Channel that I realized what I'd been missing out on.

TheRationalDove

Red Hair Wonder
I was introduced to Zelda when I was around 7-8. My friend had a Collector's Edition that included a demo of Wind Waker as well as Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. I only really got into Zelda after playing Phantom Hourglass.

iDarkLink

Sage of the Dark World
I first played a Zelda game when I was in 3rd or 4th grade. My friend let me have his Gameboy game "Zelda: A Link to the Past/Four Swords". But since i hardly played it, I don't count that as the Zelda game hat got me hooked. Twilight Princess is the game hat got me hooked to the Zelda franchise. Its dark graphics and deep story got me hooked and I've played most of the Zelda games since.

Was my first game on N64, and obviously it blew me away. If i were to have played it on NES i probably wouldnt have liked it(just wasnt what id be into when i was younger) and i didnt own a SNES back then so a link to the past wasnt a option ever.

sailormars109

Finding Love by the Moon
My story:
I was going through my brothers old GameCube game collection and I saw that he had both Twilight Princess and Wind Waker. I had heard a little bit about the games and I thought 'What the heck?' I looked at the backs of both games and chose Twilight Princess because the graphics were more appealing to me than toon graphics. I played through the game and it took me about a month to beat it. (I was new to hardcore gaming at the time.) I then decided to give Wind Waker a try. I started, flipped out because of the graphics and started TP again. I cooled down and tried WW again and beat it in about 2 months (it took so long because I was so confused in the second dungeon.) It was because of that confusion that I found ZD. That was 2 years ago. Since then I've played OoT(both versions and beat it), MM (never beat it, couldn't get across a bridge in the second dungeon.), PH (beat it), ST(beat it), SS (beat both normal and hero mode). Yes, I know I need to play ALTTP and Link's Awakening, but don't you think if I had a way, I could, lol. Btw, your story is interesting too :)

Selda

Mysteries of the Deep
I got into it after when my cousin tricked me! He told me that those tall brown bunnies (Re-deads) Would help me! I walked up, and it started the groaning and the alien music. I was only 4 and he was like 17! I almost ran to mom and dad. Few years later, i tried it again. Hour after hour, i slowly tore off my fear of them. Then i made em dance! Then i laughed, beat them to death, and laughed some more! Then i loved zelda. I haved loved and adored it!

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
I don't remember which Christmas it was, but we had gotten a Gamecube for Christmas and at the time there was a special that you could get the Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition for free if you bought a Gamecube. We had first played the Wind Waker demo. Funny thing is that when the 20 min. limit ended we were all confused until we saw the main page again.

When I went to new jersey for the first time to visit my cousins and aunts one of them had lent me a GBA with a link to the past. She later gave me the copy but I have yet to finish it. I'm trying to finish it right now. Oh by the way this was back in 2005.

I was in preschool when we first got a N64 and my dad bought OOT. I remember getting up at like 3-4 am to play the game before school.

During the Gamecube era, I was looking for new games to get into. I had never played a Zelda game but I was always a big Nintendo fan. Then one day I started seeing a lot of stuff for The Wind Waker in my EGM and got reall interested. I went out and pre-ordered it and got OoT Master Quest with it. I immediately went home and played it and was blown away. I have been obessed ever since.

godess reborn

Blame The Cricket
I was playing SSBB and was looking through some trophies I got from playing classic mode. The Zelda ones really caught my eye. They had this certain charm that made me stare at them for hours, memorizing every fact about every character and item in the series. Eventually, I decided it was time I got one of these games, so I ordered Twilight Princess off of eBay. I'd run down to my mailbox every day, hoping to find a package marked with my name. All I found was junk mail.

About a week later, I got a strange box addressed to me. I quickly opened it and pulled out my copy of Twilight Princess and shoved the disk in my Wii. I played it for 5 hours straight, exploring everything I stumbled upon, fascinated by the realm of Hyrule. After I finally finished it, I was speechless and amazed. The first thing I thought after the end credits: I wonder if there are other Zelda games...

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
growing up,my brother had a gamecube & ps2 which we kinda shared,one of the gc games he had was of course wind waker
he eventually stopped playing the gamecube and...became a sony fanboy,so that meant wind waker [and plenty others] were all for my taking

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I watched a friend play A Link to the Past when I was very young. Then a short time later, I got Link's Awakening about five months after its initial release and I was hooked into that. Then in 2000 after the release of Majora's Mask, I found that at the video game rental at a local gas station (something you won't find anymore these days) and I loved it. I wanted my own copy so I asked if I could get a copy. Instead they bought me Ocarina of Time and I was upset that it wasn't Majora's Mask. So we sold it back and bought Majora's Mask. I then finished Majora's Mask and found out it was a sequel to Ocarina of Time. I was horrified that I had sold it ( an action for which I forever live in shame) and went and got a new copy. I've been hooked into the series ever since. Making sure I got every new game as soon as I could.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom