• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Were You Introduced to Zelda?

when i was 7 i got PH and played it but didn't understand a thing. Then when I got a 3ds and heard of OoT 3d being the best game out on the 3ds and bought and ever since then I loved Zelda

Eluinn

Link's Alter Ego
For Christmas one year my Aunt and Uncle got me and my brother Gameboy Colors with Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons. I claimed Ages as mine and we played them a whole lot. Now my brother isn't as interested as he used to be with Zelda and both games are mine :lol:

Danigo92498

Someone You Met Online
Christmas(sorry to some of the people that don't celebrate it) it was when i was 5. I had gotten a Gamecube bundle that came with The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition. I've been playing ever since then.
--
And all the games worked ( usually MM wouldn't work well-Gamestop/ZeldaDungeon/everyone else says)

My grandma, as long as I can remember, played ALttP with me for about five years. We never got to the fourth dungeon because we never thought we had to turn from a bunny into link. lol

W

Wulf young Link

I was first introduced when I want went to my local game store when I was 7 or 8. I had looked a plethora of games (even bought one but took it back) and then I saw Oot I said "I want that" I played the game at my house and saw a redead and almost peed myself (I was 7 or 8). I hadn't picked up the game until early this year and that's my story now I own: SS limited edition, TP players choice, MM gold cartridge, Oot standard, Limited edition Oot 3DS bundle with Oot3D.

Kitkat

Gimme a Break
I was introduced to Zelda when I was 13. I had a really good friend who loved videogames. I didn't really like them back then, but I played them occasionally. He called me one day, and told me about a really old, really hard game called Adventure of Link, and he wanted me to play it with him, so I walked to his house (he lives a block away), and we played it, and we failed. We were terrible at it, but we really liked it and we took turns until it was dark, and I had to go home, but I told him if he played it without me I would kick him. So he didn't and the next day we played it again until I had to go, and we kept doing that until we beat it. When we finally beat it we both wanted to play more Zelda, so he bought Ocarina of Time, and we did the same thing to it. Eventually we decided that we would play Zelda one day every week, or whenever we had time and wanted to. He's been buying the games and we've been playing them ever since. So I've never actually owned a Zelda game, and right now we're both working on WW. That's how I was introduced to Zelda. :)

I was like 3 years old. I used to watch my cousin play aLttP. Than some friends got OOT and... I loved it! And I think i got it in the christmas of 1998. That's how I was introduced to Zelda. Now that I am 17 I still LOVE OOT and TLOZ. The best 13 years of my life :)

T

TheGreenRupee

I was eleven when I was introduced to the series. I went over to my friend's house and we played Twilight Princess. I came home that day and told my mom that we need to buy Twilight Princess. I've been a fan of the series ever since, even though I have only played MM, TP, WW, OoT and SS.

I've been playing it since before I can even remember, My best friend in preschool would play it with me and we would have a ball. we went to his house every day after school and played and ate chips and were lazy! I barely remembered playing them, I mostly watched because I was a little girl and I loved the storyline. I think the first game I "experianced" was ALttP. My brother always kept in date with the new zelda games so I would watch those too. Afew years ago the nostalgia was eating at me so I picked up a controller and played OoT all by myself, no help from my brother, even at the parts that I used to be scared of, Like hyrule field at night! (lol). Then I played alongside my brother as the other titles came out, like TP (we took turns on the same file) and games like PH. then last summer, I picked up OoT, TP, and WW and played them all over again, finnishing them all that summer. I picked up MM later that year, but gave up because it wasnt in my skill level. Now, i have beat most of the games other then ST, Loz, AoL, and LA.

Jedi Link

Use The Triforce
I was 3 or 4 and just gotten my gameboy advance and was at my local gamestop when I saw the minish cap. It looked intresting and I bought it. I got stuck in the begining of the game (If my memory serves me correctly, it was right after link got shrunken when I got stuck) and eventually lost the game (I still haven't found it:(). A few years later, I was about 7 or 8 and my mom started babysitting kids. I became good friends with one of them and he showed me PH. I thought it was really cool. For Christmas that year, I got the limited edition golden DS lite with PH. I beat that game and moved on to ST when it came out. Since I had not known about the virtual console on the Wii, nor had I owned a gameboy (lost that too) gamecube, N64, NES or SNES, the only Zelda game that was available to play was TP. Unfortunately, my mom wouldn't let me play it because it was rated T. Earlier this year, when OOT3D came out I got back into Zelda after purchasing it and beating it within three weeks of release. Then, I got LOZ, AOL, and MM on the virtual console and I still haven't beaten them. I also got LA on the eshop for the 3DS. In November, I got Skyward Sword (haven't beaten it yet, so no spoilers please) in the limited edition bundle that came with the golden Wiimote. For Christmas, I got TP and so far, I am loving it. I am so happy that my friend showed me PH, or I might not be into Zelda at all. I'd probably be a COD fanboy *shudders*

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
In about 2003, when I was 8, I was at my friends place playing Super Smash Bros. on N64. I asked who that elf character was and he replied "That's Link. He's from the Legend of Zelda games." The conversation stopped there and I continued to play as Samus like I always do.

When I got Super Smash Bros. Brawl, I had switched from Samus and had become a Luigi man. I still had no idea of this "Zelda" series and asked my step-brother to explain. He had explained the basic plot of Ocarina of Time horribly. For example, he said that Link changed his name to Zelda when he went forward seven years to hide from Ganondorf. Apparently, he thought I was an idiot and didn't know Zelda was a GIRL'S name. His horrible, know-nothing "knowledge" put me off the series.

Later in the same year, I asked him what he wanted for his birthday and he said he wanted Phantom Hourglass. I had no clue what the game was like, but got it for him anyway. Later, he got a N64 and Ocarina of Time. I played it a bit and enjoyed playing, but not to a very large extent. When he got Twilight Princess, I had a shot and fell in love. I've bought all but two of the mainstream games since then and have a favourite video game series to admire over until the end of time.

On a different regard, I found Zelda Dungeon when looking for a walkthrough of Ocarina of Time in my first playthrough in late 2008.

T

TriforceofTwili

Saw my step brother playing Majora's Mask, It looked so cool, and I thought Deku Link was adorable. A long time later, I saw one of my friends playing Phantom Hourglass. Since I had a Nintendo DS, and it looked like a fun game, I asked for it for Christmas. I started playing, and loved it right away. A few years later, I got Spirit Tracks, and was excitied to play another game in the same series as that game I played and loved. Then I started thinking about playing other Zelda games that I didn't have and weren't as recently released, so I went to Game Stop and found a copy of Twilight Princess. I though the 2D Zelda games were great, I was blown away by Twilight Princess, the first 3D Zelda game I played. Then I was really hooked, and became a true Zelda fan. I got Skyward Sword on release date with the gold Wii Remote, and practically begged for the Legend of Zelda 3DS with Ocarina of Time 3D. In the past three years, I have gon from barely knowing what the Legend of Zelda was, to being a Fanatic, with a small collection of Zelda collectibles

M

Moonfall

I was introduced to the LoZ in 5th grade when I was 9 because a friend of mine brought a poster of Phantom Hourglass and said it was a great game. Oddly, enough my cousin had bought the game too so I played it for a while.

I got Ocarina of Time for Christmas, but my N64 was broken at the time. I opened the game's box and hid some of the things it included, in order to persuade my parents to get a new N64 instead of sell the games back. (I was very young, and that was logic to me.)

X

Xypher

I had received OoT and MM for Christmas (i want to say my 4th or 5th. I was born in 1994, so that may be correct) and I had watched my older brother play it for a while. I thought it looked fun, so I tried it out and fell in love with it, even though the redead (i believe thats their name) creeped me out then, and continue to do so even to this day lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom