• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Were You Introduced to Zelda?

pit0010

GAME IT LIFE IS TO SHORT
super smash bros brawl, i thought link looked awesome. so i played PH and ST. i thought those games were alright n then i thought maybe ill try twilight princess. MAN!!! THEN I STARTED FALLING IN LOVE WITH THIS GAME

I was born in 1991, the same year as the snes's release, but I didn't start playing videogames until I was about 7. I had fun just watching my brothers play super mario world on our snes. When we got the N64, I would watch them play majora's mask. My brothers eventually coaxed me into playing super smash brothers and then I soon started playing majora's mask myself. As one of my first games, it still brings back happy childhood memories.

I got a gamecube when I was 9 or 10, and I borrowed Wind Waker from a library. It was one of the best games I had played, and it's my favorite game to this day.

SO! I remember I was like 7 when Ocarina of Time was released. We didn't own a N64 back then (too expensive) but our cousins did. I would always play Super Mario 64 by myself and Star Fox 64 with my siblings and cousins but one game I would NEVER touch was Ocarina of Time. Back then, it was like one of the most mature titles out there (or at least that's how I saw it), WAY beyond my maturity level so I left it alone.

The in like 2001 one of my friends brought over his N64 and a copy of Majora's Mask and I finally played a Zelda game!... and then I got stuck as in the the beginning of the game, right after you turn into Deku Link (is that it's name? been a while). I never played it after that.

Fast forward to 2009, I had a ton of wii games, all the big line ups;Super Mario Galaxy, Wario Ware Smooth Moves, Metroid Prime 3 Corruption, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Super Paper Mario. I was looking for the next great wii experience and every website or blog had listed Twilight Princess as the greatest wii game. Now, I really brushed off the game since I just had those memories of not being experienced enough to play Ocarina of Time and too stupid to play Majora's Mask. Well I. Was. Surprised. Twilight Princess is to this day my favorite game (next to Wario Ware Twisted and Sonic Adventure 2) and it launched me on my huge Zelda obsession.

My first time playing Zelda was back when i was 3-4 years old when my friend rented Ocarina of time on the nintendo 64 and when i had the time to play it, i would just walk to his house that was just across the street and i was hooked after that.

LinkPTY

Skyward Wiimote
I got The Wind Waker for Christmas 2003. I had no idea what The Legend of Zelda was when I asked my dad to buy it for me. After playing I was hooked on Zelda forever. After Christmas, a friend lent me the Zelda Collector's Edition and that was when I met an even greater game: Ocarina of Time. Played and beat it. I also played Majora's Mask, but didn't beat it. Later in September 2005 I got The Minish Cap and it shames me to say that I used a walkthrough through the whole game and beat it in 3 days (the first and only time I've done that). In 2006, a friend lent me A Link to the Past for the GBA, the hardest game for me at the time. Later in Christmas 2006 I got Twilight Princess and absolutely loved it, even cried at the end. Then in October 2007, my sister bought me Phantom Hourglass and it had the best gameplay at the time (I was like :eek: when I had to blow the candles in order to enter the first dungeon). Sometime between 2007 and Skyward Sword launch, I played and beat Majora's Mask. It was an awesome game, but not as good as Ocarina of Time.

Then in November 20, 2011, I bought Skyward Sword (with my own money which made it even better!) played it, beat it, cried at the end... loved it. It is now my favorite Zelda game and my favorite game of all time.

My dad was a hardcore Nintendo fan. From the day I was brought home I was sitting on his lap watching him play Mario64 and Ocarina of Time. My frist real two words were "Mammia Mia" because i was around nintendo that much. I've played the frist level of Ocarina of Time so many times that i can say every line word for word. There was never really a time of my life without Zelda, which i think is pretty awesome =)

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I was introduced to the LoZ series when I between 6 and 7 as OoT was one the new and yes I'm talking about the original N64 release.

I'm impressed my brother by beating the Shadow Temple without the Lens of Truth but my death count was extremely high as you could guess.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
My older bro and I have the same birthdays as Ocarina of Time does (November 23rd for North America and 21st for Japan). My dad bought it on launch day, so I got to play OoT alongside my dad and my older bro. Out of that was borne both my fanboyism for the Zelda series as well as my love for Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

ok so it was when the game cube came out was when i started to play zelda but when i frist played it was at a little party my big cousin told me tha if i wanted i cound go play game in his room he had MM i played it all day when i went home i was so sad but then i forgot about zelda (how could i) then my mom got me and my bros gamecudes (only 2) mine was the LoZ one :)

chris112

ゼルダファンの伝説!
The Nintendo eshop introduced me. Link's Awakening DX was the only Game Boy Color VC on their, so I bought it. And that is how I started to get into the Legend of Zelda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom