• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Were You Introduced to Zelda?

onidarklink2

An Hero of our Time
I played OoT at a neighbor's house one day......I didn't know what to think of it at the time, I was still kind of a noob to gaming then. I later got the game for myself, and since I've pretty much been hooked on the series.

My grandparents had bought me my first gaming system...it was a Gameboy Color pack that came with Link's Awakening DX. Yeah buddy!

I'm not sure how I got mine, but it was Link's Awakening (not DX). It isn't my favorite, and at the time, I had seen ALttP, and it looked more interesting to me. To this day, I wonder what happened to that game cart and my Gameboy Pocket.

The first Zelda I ever played was OoT on the Nintendo 64. However, probably like most, I was too young to understand what the hell I was doing on that game and got frustrated with it in the first 30min of gameplay.

I'm not sure how old I was but I definitley know that Wind Waker got me hooked on the series because Gamestop was doing a sale for buy two pre owned games get one free. I got it than and to this day it's my favorte Zelda game.

One of my old babysitters had LoZ, and they said I was too young to play it. What does any child do when their told they can't? They find a way to do it anyway. Never beat it until I got older.

Kombatgod

Timeline Exegete
Very nice thread!
I was born back in 1988, yeah, the 8-bit era... But never played Nintendo games until the Game Boy (and still, not Zelda)! Would you believe it? I was more of a Sega guy, loved Shinobi and all those Laser Gun games like Laser Ghost... But Nintendo... I knew Mario, I was very curious, but never played or maybe just tried it... I also knew Zelda 1, but never played it... Until like 2002!!! I downloaded some NES Roms just to try them out. Zelda was very great, I had some memories of it, but never played it very much, 'cause I hate playing on an emulator. But I started reading Zelda Wiki and other Web sites and found about the Timeline theories. THAT's what really made me curious! I already loved timelines and was already planning on doing an incredible overall timeline that spanned from King of Fighters to Street Fighter, to Marvel Comics, DC Comics, Mortal Kombat and so on, through successive crossovers...
The first Zelda I owned is Zelda 1, when in 2005 a frend sold me his NES with that as the only game. I spent very fun hours playing it, but I still haven't finished it. Then in 2008 another friend sold me her N64 with Mario 64. A great game, but then I bought OoT and Wow! What an awesome game! So I started buying all other ones. I made so pureposelly to investigate about the timeline, but I wouldn't if I didn't love the gameplay.
So I'm quite a young Zelda player, but in these 5 years I bought almost every other Zelda game. I only miss Majora's Mask, Phantom Hourglass and Skyward Sword (apart from minor games such as the CD-i), but I still have to complete some of them.

Well in 1999/2000 I saw my niece, who lives next door, playing Oot the entire time. And so in the summer of 2000 for my birthday I got a N64 (yeah I know it was late, but I was 8 years old back then so Nintendo wasn't really on my mind back then except for the pokemon games :P)

I got into the Deku Tree and was stuck immediatly, not knowing that you had to walk further onto the ledge to find a door which leads to the slingshot :dry: So a few months (!) later a friend told me how to proceed and then I started playing the game.

But even before that happened with Christmas 2000 I got MM.
In later years I got my other games and after WW (2003) I got obsessed with Zelda and I still am today

when I played Super smash bros brawl, I played as Link. then I
bought Twilight princess and now I played a lot more other Zelda games and I still love it

When my little brother was four we got a nintendo 64. One time me and him when to the grocery store with our parents and found a Nintendo Power magazine. We looked at it and saw OoT. We then waited months and months and were so excited about getting the game! Now we use it at least 10 times a year. Well I have it on my 3DS, but lets talk about the subject hr, k? ;)

I was born in '98, and my older brothers (who were N64 and SNES addicts) introduced me to the game. My first game was OoT for the n64

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
My story starts out late December 2010. It was the last day of school, and of course my last period class was not focused on school work to say the least. It was a party, with chips and drinks. Anyways, while i was eating some chips i leaned over to the guy in front of me, and he was playing Spirit Tracks on his ds. I invited him to come sit so i could watch. I fell in love with the game. i asked him what it was called, he told me. He told me that if i liked this game, Twilight Princess would be a game i would want. The next day i went to gamestop and bought Tp, and fell in love with that game. Ever since then i have been collecting the games from multiple sources, including gamestop, ebay.com, wii vc, and 3ds eshop. I know own every zelda games. Except the cd-i ones

G

Guy in Green

it's very vague for me, I've played the series as long as i can remember. i think the first game i ever played was four swords adventures with my family.

AwesomeZeldaFan

Fierce Deity
When I was 3,I was watching my brother play OoT,I decided to p;ay but
I got scared by the boulders and Gomha.I went back a few years later and got to the Forrest Temple.
I stopped playing for a few years then I played my brother's copy of TP then I got the DS Zeldas and completed
both of them!Now, I play OoT 3D and am going to buy MM on VC.

D-Lo G

Author of Short Stories
I was in rehearsal for a play last summer, and a bunch of people kept talking about it, so I asked my friend about it. He said it was aweome and I should try it. I had a 3DS, but I didn't have any games for it. I asked my other friend about OoT 3D because she had it. I bought it, and I've loved the series since then.

I think my mom just bought it (the original, LoZ) for me without knowing if I'd really like it or not. It had a shiny gold cover and it just looked exciting to play. She had no idea what the future would hold!

Right around the time I really started taking an interest in video games and the N64+SM64 was the most awesome thing in the world to me, a friend of mine had me over and had rented OoT. It wasn't actually love at first sight, though I did find the whole explore-the-world concept to be very intriguing, and the Stalchildren that came out at night were cool and scary. Took a while before I invested much time in the game, but once I did there was no turning back. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom