• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How were you as a student?

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
Were you obedient?
Do you ask a lot of doubts or were you hesitant to ask doubts?
Were you the lecturers' favorite?
Which subject was your favorite?
Were you punctual?
Were you hard working?
Do you listen very seriously?
Have you slept?

Did you have a lot of friends?
I was the one who was the last to submit assignments and class notebooks. When it comes to listening, I either listen or sleep ie I concentrate to the classes I like eg Rotatory motion, Solid properties etc. And I sleep during organic chemistry.
Physics was obviously my favorite.
40% teachers liked me. I can perfectly put up an innocent expression as a result of which, I was able to get away from many situations XD
If you ask my teachers about me, most of them would say "Brilliant but lazy"
However, this got on the nerves of many teachers, who intentionally failed me in the exams in which I was supposed to get border line pass marks.
one such hillarious example was when my 12th grade chem teacher struck a whole 6 mark answer and awarded it 0 marks. The reason being I forgot to add the temperature of the reaction.
I did have a lot of friends especially during higher secondary school.
As for whether I'm hard working. Maybe a bit.

Many of the questions here seem kind of Indian-specific :)
Anyway, as another Indian science-stream kid, I was a pretty good student and didn't cause trouble. Obviously this meant teachers didn't have much to say about me.
I didn't sleep in class but often daydreamed. My work habits were a bit strange, I would either study really hard for a test or forget about it until the night before. Physics was my favourite subject too, which is part of why I liked OoT's story so much as a kid.
As for arbitrary exam-checking, that's probably something all Indians have been through.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
In high school, I was pretty average. I goofed around and drew in class sometimes. My grades were often around Bs and Cs, and I struggled with math especially. I still do. I wasn't disruptive, but I also can't claim I was always well-behaved. Typical teenager, I guess, basically. I had a difficult time with school in general back then.

As a college student, I was much different. Perhaps it came with growing up, or maybe it was because I was (mostly) in control of my schedule, or maybe it was because I could actually take classes I was interested in. Probably all three. I rarely got lower than an A, I tried my best to be polite and quiet in the classroom, and I mostly kept to myself. I did very well in college.

If we go back earlier than high school, I was a menace. I enjoyed being annoying on purpose and I got in trouble a lot. I acted out frequently and I did poorly in my classes pretty often. This was mostly in middle school. I don't think anyone looks back fondly on how they were in middle school, lol. Even further back than that, I was what you'd expect of a kid with ADHD and autism trying to balance schoolwork and behavior. I didn't have an easy time as a kid. I needed a lot of guidance and individualized education plans. I can't remember much of those days, though. I definitely think my prime time as a student were my last few years of college.

I was too busy with a horrible home life to be anything other than a below average student.

I wasn't disruptful but nothing could really get through to me and nothing felt important.

It wasn't until I made the decision. To go to college and uni myself that I did well in essays etc. I was always punctual and enjoyed what I did, I had a good time and got top marks for a lot of my work, I graduated with a distinction and honours.

I was more of the quiet type and would normally talk when someone asks me a question or when something comes up that I would want to bring up. Sometimes I was also getting in an argument with my classmates and later on we would make up and apologize to each other. I wasn't the greatest student and my work was pretty much below average and I remember at times I was not turning in my school work on time.

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
I was a quiet and diligent student. Never really spoke up in class, just showed up, did my work, and that was that. I think my teachers enjoyed having me since I was quiet and diligent, lol. I was able to maintain high grades throughout grade school and university, though I didn't have to try as hard in grade school as I did in university.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I think I was/am a pretty good student generally. I tend to have a fairly decent relationship with teachers/lecturers and tend to ask a fair amount of questions when I am not sure about something. That being said I have nearly fallen asleep in quite a few large lecturers, but at least I went to most of them which can't be said for a lot of students.

I procrastinate a lot (like right at this moment oops) but I always manage to get my work done and make it of high quality before the deadline because the stress monster kicks me ass into gear at the right moment everytime.

I always liked studying science, math, and history the most. English was dreadfully boring. I don't care much for being forced to read a book and analyze it. I would rather explore my own interests. I generally always got along with my teachers and paid attention in class. I think I've always been pretty confident in my abilities. Sophomore year of college was the roughest for me, but then I regained my confidence afterwards and my Master's was pretty smooth sailing. I hope I will be able to say the same for my PhD.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Were you obedient? Yea, for the most part
Do you ask a lot of doubts or were you hesitant to ask doubts? What?
Were you the lecturers' favorite?
I don't think anyone was a favorite. There were definitely least-favorites though.
Which subject was your favorite?
Not sure, it all depended on the teacher. Back in Swedish elementary school (age 6-15) I didn't mind History, but in Gymnasiet (age 16 - 18) I loved it, because we had a great teacher.
Were you punctual?
Very much so!
Were you hard working?
Not really, I usually only did the work needed to pass unless I felt motivated to do more (for example if the subject interested me, or the teacher was good). My grades ended up being good enough, and I've done university and I have a bachelors degree from there.
Do you listen very seriously?
I try to, unless it was something extremely boring, which would make it hard to focus on.
Have you slept?
At school? In class? Never!
Did you have a lot of friends? It's been on and off with that. Only had 1 friend throghout all of elementary school. From the beginning there were 3, then one of them moved far away. The other one decided they didn't wanna be friends with me anymore, kinda out of the blue, and just stopped talking to me when we were about 12... I got 1 new friend when I was 14, but we've sorta lost touch with eachother since school ended. Once I started Gymnasiet I started to get a whole bunch of new friends that I still hang out with sometimes.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Were you obedient? no
Do you ask a lot of doubts or were you hesitant to ask doubts? if i had something i was unsure about i didn't hesitate to ask it, that wasn't common though.
Were you the lecturers' favorite? i'm unsure
Which subject was your favorite? probably biology
Were you punctual? not for the first class of the day, but other than that yeah
Were you hard working? no i was a major slacker
Do you listen very seriously? i was fairly attentive yeah
Have you slept? i never slept in class

Did you have a lot of friends? i only has two close friends. felt like plenty though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom