• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Were the Areas in Skyward Sword Remembered in Twilight Princess

geek4887

The Unknown
So it has been confirmed that the areas in Skyward Sword, will be based on the areas in Twilight Princess. So, how come those areas were never mentioned in Ocarina of Time? Well, this will be just a silly speculation, but I guess that civilization (obviously) would've improved by the time Twilight Princess came around. Look at the spinner, and the moving stairs, it's obvious that breakthroughs in philosophy have been made. Evidence is seen when you see historians in the form of Shad in Twilight Princess. It may be possible, then, that these historians researched the past and was then able to confirm the areas back in Skyward Sword.

Anyways, thoughts?:nerd:

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I think the answer to this question is the same as the answer for "Where is the City in the Sky in The Wind Waker?" - It's there, but not relevant.

Actually, I can answer this from three perspectives:
1. Game Development - The provinces weren't mentioned in OoT because they hadn't been thought of yet.
2. Game Development with a focus on the resulting story - Not mentioning them doesn't mean these provinces weren't in OoT. The game just didn't demand that they be relevant.
3. Gameplay - Separating the land into provinces is simply a distinction meant to serve the gameplay. ST was separated into 5 regions to indicate a logical progression of playing the game. TP and especially SS are similar. OoT was arbitrarily separated into a greater number of smaller regions to reflect its greater emphasis on exploration.

geek4887

The Unknown
Oh, I see where you're looking at it now. Just to support my speculation, do you know or have at least a logical estimate on how long the time between Ocarina of Time and Skyward Sword was?

the hyrule in Ocarina of time was much smaller, and it was just unified, so not all of SS hyrule is nescecarry Oot Hyrule, so when the land expanded they had to divide it into provinces to help administrate, and they decided to use the old names because they fitted. just a theory

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom