• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Well Do You Deal With Goodbyes?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Through life we may have that specific moment where we may have to let go of something, say goodbye to someone etc. Generally just any moment where you have to say goodbye, maybe not literally but that feeling.

Question is, how well do you deal with goodbyes? It can be under any context and maybe it differs for you depending on the situation, for example - you may deal well with moving from one house to the next, but saying goodbye to someone for what may be forever or a prolonged period of time, might just be that little bit harder.

Also, do you have any coping mechanisms when it comes to saying goodbye, something you do that may help the process of dealing with it slightly easier?

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
It depends on how strong the relationship was with that person and me was. My dearest friends and family I've had to say goodbye to, and each time I've let a tear or two shed, but I've never wept a lot. Because I know that I will see them again for sure. :)

But when dealing with the death of someone, I do cry a lot. Because I don't know if I'll see them again. I believe in Heaven and Hell, but I can never know which place either of us will end up. I hop that we both will end up in Heaven, and that keeps me happy because I am sure I will see them again. Yet this time it a longer distance of time from when we see each other, whereas someone moves away they are still on this earth.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It's a goodbye. They're natural, but they aren't particularly SAD for me.

Clank

Hmm
With the power of the internet, goodbyes aren't really that hard...

However if you are talking about people dying, then I haven't had enough experience with that to say really...

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
Really depends on the person... And for how long that they'll be gone. If it's someone I'm attached to a greater degree, I often will cry when I say goodbye or at least get a little watery eyed. Otherwise I'm fine.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
When saying goodbye to a friend or loved one, I think I deal with it fairly well. I don't break down completely or cry, but I do feel saddness. For instance I had this friend, well she was one of my best friends. Despite not going to the same school, we hung out a lot and became inseparable. One day I found out that she had to move a few provinces away. I was devastated, but took comfort in the fact that we would always be friends. This proved to be true, when I visited her for the first time in six years. It was like nothing had changed. I guess that's how I cope with these type of situations. I believe that nothing will happen to that bond, which makes it easier.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I usually just feel sad, but I never show it.

I can't really think of an example of a time it happened though.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I handle them quite well. This one time, my best friend was moving away. And I mean, we would spend more than 24 hrs with each other sometimes. And this was our conversation, right next to a pool.

Him: So, we gotta go now.
Me: Oh
Him: So, bye, I guess.
Me: Bye
*He walks off, as I go back to swimming.

ILU

i luv u
I don't "handle" them, I just move on. I don't know what it is, but I usually don't really have any trouble cutting connections. I don't want to say I don't care, but I guess I'm just indifferent about saying goodbye.

It depends on what type of goodbye. If I'll definitely see that person again, it's no big deal. But having to say your final goodbye to a dying family member, I couldn't help but cry last October. :(

sailorgirl221

What a fearsome beast!!
It depends if I was close to this person or not.
If i was then be prepared for the water works. lol and i mean snot dripping, jibber jabbering and crying for days!!
If not then I wouldn't really be affected maybe a little sad but nothing real bad.
If i hated you I would throw a party.. lol

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I hate goodbyes. I cope with it by crying a lot. :( I hate it about myself that I cry like, for anything. My boyfriend was going away for just a week-end at train station, was there saying goodbye to him and stuff, and I just felt a tear coming on. So my brain is all "STFU BODY, WE'RE NOT THAT SAD!!!", but, my tear-ducts just have a mind of their own apparently.

Dan

I don't "handle" them, I just move on. I don't know what it is, but I usually don't really have any trouble cutting connections. I don't want to say I don't care, but I guess I'm just indifferent about saying goodbye.

I actually think ILU is the only person that truthfully answered correctly here, most people don't care about one another so saying goodbye is as easy as eating a baby if you were a giant from James and the beanstalk.

I hate goodbyes. I cope with it by crying a lot. :( I hate it about myself that I cry like, for anything. My boyfriend was going away for just a week-end at train station, was there saying goodbye to him and stuff, and I just felt a tear coming on. So my brain is all "STFU BODY, WE'RE NOT THAT SAD!!!", but, my tear-ducts just have a mind of their own apparently.

hahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaahahaha

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I actually think ILU is the only person that truthfully answered correctly here, most people don't care about one another so saying goodbye is as easy as eating a baby if you were a giant from James and the beanstalk.

I think that's really mean, especially considering I said the exact same thing as s/he did Q_Q
But really, we all do care about someone, even if we make claims that we hate them and want to see them dead. It's just, saying goodbye doesn't mean it's the end of everything. Just because I think of a goodbye as nothing, doesn't mean I do not care of the person behind the goodbye. Q_Q Dan you're a bit harsh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom