• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Was TWW Good?

OotLord1003

Young Link
I have seen thread's like "How was this game BAD" but there was so much stuff like "wind waker, sailing=boring, temples=easy" so what was good about the game?

Epona

Ordon Village
I really loved the exploration in the game. Going to new islands, figuring out their purpose. I liked the dungeons too, the bosses were inventive and fun. And the fact that some think they were easy, frankly I don't really care. Why does a game/boss have to be really challenging and difficult all the time? What's wrong with a satisfying fight that doesn't take several potions or game overs? Anyways I loved the game. The graphics were much different than anything previous, but I'm open to refreshing changes. The swordplay was great, much more focused and easy than OoT. I also like the weapons and the story. Overall a great game in my opinion.

Ralis

Prince of the Zoras
Well, I did beat Dragon Roost Island in less than 1 and 1/2 hours, and sailing was kind of dull, so I agree with you on those things, but it was still kind of fun. I liked the Rito, It was fun to make fun of how fat and ugly Ganondorf was, and the king of red lions was cool.

OotLord1003

Young Link
Yes, I very much enjoyed the cell-shading, it was very unique, especally the bomb explosions, and smoke.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
It had the second best song in the Zelda series. Dragon Roost Island. Even Ganondorf loves that song. If you don't love that song, then you can not be human. The soundtrack was amazing.

The exploration was also something that was done incredibly well. Going to islands and thinking "Darn, I think I need some other item to do this" and just the fact of filling out your map was awesome.

It also handled the story and Ganondorf very well. In WW, it wasn't like "This is Link, the hero of the world" it's like "This is a boy named Link, with no connection to the Hero of Time" and I just liked it very much that "This is just a random boy with heroic traits". I just loved how they handled that. And they way they handled the backstory was just amazing. WW has, by far, the most interesting and amazing BS in the entire series. Even the way they handled Hyrule was done flawlessly.

Ganondorf in that game was by far my favorite appearance of him. He kept most of the traits that make him the most epic chilling villain in the series and there was something wrong about him from OoT that was corrected: he was humanized. After all, he's a power hungry guy. Sure, he does seem demonic but he was actually given motives (just look at his monologue near the end of the game).

Also, they did the graphics very well too. They were just superb and they're by far my favorite style in Zelda ever. Seriously, you'd be nuts not to think that they're incredible graphics. Sure, they may not be some peoples' favorites, but to say they're bad is just plain biased. How could you not see the improvement from OoT to WW?! Seriously, look at the comparison of the two Links. n64_zeldaoot_lin&#107.jpg Zelda%20Wind%20Wa&#107.jpg

To say WW graphics were a downstep from OoT is just being plain friggin biased.
pencil.png

I think it was too easy, and the sailing was boring, but the idea was fresh and exciting, something i never experienced before. The use of controlling makar and that rito chick was new and interesting, the graphics were colorful and unique, all of the locations were new ideas not used in a zelda game before. The story was my favorite out of the series, bringing a lot of twists. With the king of hyrule guiding you, the flood of hyrule, the power lost from the master sword. it was just a brand new experience that got me hooked. And I thought it was going to be bad so when I played it it totally passed every expectation I had for it. The characters were new, and there were a huuge abundance of sidequests as well as the figurine quest after you beat the game creating a lot of replay value. It had its own colorful fresh feel and I liked that. Twilight Princess was a lot of the same I felt. And I like zelda games to be new experiences, and I think everyone will agree that wind waker was a new experience to the series, as well as oot and mm. they
y were all vastly different unique, fun and fresh.

And for the record I think twilight princess was easier than wind waker.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Wind waker brought the concept of exploration back to us. Of all the land in the game's overworld, you only had to visit maybe a quarter of it. To me, it made me feel like I was playing the original again, because I had no idea where anything was, besides the quest marks.
It improved the graphics a great deal and had a great story as well. Sailing... well I do admit it was kinda boring, but it brought something new and plausible to the table for that time in history (unlike a certain railway form of transportation). The dungeons were creative and the bosses inside them were excellently created as well. I suppose they could've made them easier, but they worked.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I really loved the WW. I liked the humor, the looks and the storyline. I enjoyed the game very much. I also loved the sidequests. Especially on Windfall Island. People are more biased because they don't really like the cellshade looks but I love Toon Link

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
(*Various Spoilers*)

A few things...

One, the storyline! It was great with a ton of turns. Tetra=Princess Zelda? Total twist!

Two, the humor! It really makes you laugh. Even my older brother laughs when he plays it. And he doesn't have a sense of humor!

Three, it's s new generation of Zelda! A new fresh idea came to sail to us! (no pun intended) Just try it out!

V

Virgil

Wow, i've only seen one mention of the swordplay, that's just weird. The swordplay was much more advanced in this one. If no one noticed, you now had the back roll, the helm slice, and other things that were never part of the series before. The storyline was amazing in how he is now a whole new generation of link. The talking boat idea was very original for how they did it. The fact that they buried Hyrule under water for the entire game was cool too. The enemies were epic, the bosses were epic, the art was even fantastic. Ganon was one of my favorites out of the series due to the fact you actually had to SWORD fight him. You actually went head to head with the master of evil. You cannot beat that with anything else. Even in modern games, gun fight one on one with the final baddie just isn't anything compared with a final sword fight to the death. I mean really, what would you rather see in, say, a movie? A final shootout between two people, or an epic sword battle? Look at star wars for christ sake, they had blasters and lasers and they still went with a final epic sword fight between Obi wan and Anakin. You just can't beat it.

WW had the best music in the game. There were so many sidequests! There was edven a side quest that only was in the ocean.I believe it's wrong not to like WW.

Temples were boring. Sailing was boring. Graphics are arguably bad.

All that's true, but the game, for me, had the best sidequests in any game since Majora's Mask. There were tons of them. Collecting sea charts, heart pieces, actually finding the treasure, etc. There's just so much to do in between dungeons in that game.

And the story, I mean jeez. I think the story of that game is better than OoT's ten fold.

Vynn Sarr

Sith Lord
This was one of my favorite games because of the great music, the great story, and the general epicness of the game. It had many good sidequests, and I actually enjoyed sailing. Another good aspect was the length. If you actually did some of the sidequests in between the main quest parts, it made the game longer and more enjoyable. I admit the temples and bosses were easy, but if you can look arround that, this is one of the best Zelda games out there.

Phantom Zelda

Mostly Harmless
I really like the graphics and the story is AMAZING!!!!! Also I like the gameplay because I like to see where I am at all times. And I think the sailing isn't that bad and I like battling big octos :) And lastly it has the best or tied for best music along with Majoras Mask but I like WW music better :)

F

flaregamer82253

You don't understand that zelda is a legend thats why LEGEND is in every zelda game think the story and the sidequests expanded the game and made it fun. it is not just a game to the fan it is a trophy to feel every accomplishment in the game. the plotwists made all the games fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom