• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

"How Was Toon Link Able to Pull the Master Sword Out?"

Regarding the bloodline factor: That might not actually be true. Refer to the beginning of SS, in which Fi states that the oral tradition is the most unreliable. I think this is a factor that must be applied to all theories.

A

AlphaBenson

Regarding the bloodline factor: That might not actually be true. Refer to the beginning of SS, in which Fi states that the oral tradition is the most unreliable. I think this is a factor that must be applied to all theories.

Refer to the end of SS where Demise states that his hatred will forever haunt Link's bloodline.

-KingJason

Superficies Rex
Dudes, everyone saying they don't have to be related to SS link, have you played SS? Because Fi makes it where only his descendants are able to wield the sword.

Dudes, everyone saying they don't have to be related to SS link, have you played SS? Because Fi makes it where only his descendants are able to wield the sword.

I don't recall Fi ever saying "Only your descendants can wield the Master Sword." Or anything of the sort.

Last edited:
I don't like saying that the Links are descended from one another. They are not genetically related. They're reincarnations of the hero. I think WW Link was able to pull out the master sword because it was drained of power. Even though it was the equivalent of a normal sword, it still served as the lock on Hyrule's seal. Removing the lock broke the frozen time seal.
WW Link wasn't related to the hero at first. It wasn't until he collected the triforce of courage that he could prove himself to be the new hero. This is also why he wasn't reincarnated in the backstory of WW but was in Spirit Tracks.

Big Octo

=^)
Actually, your theory of the Links being related through blood is completely false. Demise states
Though this is not the end. My hate... never perishes. It is born anew in a cycle with no end! I will rise again. Those like you... Those who share the blood of the goddess and the spirit of the hero... They are eternally bound to this curse. An incarnation of my hatred shall ever follow your kind, dooming them to wander a blood-soaked sea of darkness for all time!

Nothing their about saying that the any Links in the future are blood relatives. He mentions "the spirit of the hero," meaning all the Links do share something, but through spiritual means.

So yeah, your theory leads me to believe that you haven't even played SS. None of the Links are related to each other physically. But, with the spirit of the hero, they can all pull out the Master Sword.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
he may not have been related to the original Link but he was still chosen by the God so would be able to wield the master Sword

In WW ganon says surely you are the hero of time reborn so they do bear a connection if ganons correct and I also think that the links are all the same person reborn as with zelda and demise. I also agree that fi accepts link and only him as his master because they are the same person just reborn

Let's go through this:

AlttP:
It is prophecised that "the Hero" will be one of the Knights' bloodline. The text on the Master Sword pedestal says that the Hero will grab it. It does not say, as far as I know, that the Sword only can be used by a descendant of the Knights.

OoT:
Only one worthy of the title "the Hero of Time" can draw the Sword.

WW:
All we know is that Link was chosen by the Master Sword.

TP:
Evil ones can't touch the Master Sword, so any good person should be able to draw it.

SS:
Fi says that she and Link will meet in another life. Since meeting Fi means to draw the Master Sword, it is heavily implied that another of the "Hero's Spirit" will draw the Master Sword.[/QUOTE]

Conclusion: The conditions for drawing the Master Sword seems to be changing. My own theory is that the OoT condition was linked to the prophecy of the Hero of Time. When that one was fulfilled, "anybody" could draw the Sword. In TP, there was no more need for any Hero of Time, alternatively TP Link was worthy of that title. In AlttP, there was a new prophecy active. In WW, the Sword seems to do whatever it wants.

/Blue Window

Danigo92498

Someone You Met Online
Personally, I believe that there was simply no time to lock Toon Link away for 7 years. Last time that happened, Ganondorf tore down Hyrule Castle and the land was thrown into chaos.

Toon Link was ready to stop Ganon so he didn't need to be locked away; Link from OoT wasn't ready, that's why he was locked away.

OoT Link was sealed away because he was too young to be the Hero of Time. WW Link was not supposed to be the Hero of Time, so there was no need for the Master Sword to seal WW Link away.

/Blue Window

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
@AlphaBenson

In Wind Waker it is clearly stated that WW Link is not related to the Hero of Time at all and therefore cannot be related to Skyward Sword's Link. HOWEVER, remember what Demise said? That as long as there is someone who INHERITS the SPIRIT of the Hero and the bloodline of the Goddess, his hatred will always spawn. The goddesses are the ones that reincarnated the Hero of Time within WW Link. Also in relation to an earlier post by you, remember what Shiek said? That the Master Sword is a key or ship that lets the bearer travel up and down Time's river, so that is why the Master Sword returned with Link. That sacred sword cannot have duplicates because it was the main reason why Link was able to do what he did in OoT.

However I am a little confused as to why WW Link was able to pull the Master Sword from its pedestal when he wasn't of age yet...I think it might have to do with the fact that the Master Sword had lost its power and it had just become a "normal sword". When Link powered up the sword again at that point he was recognized as the Hero of Winds and therefore did not have to go into a deep sleep to come of age to use the sword.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
However I am a little confused as to why WW Link was able to pull the Master Sword from its pedestal when he wasn't of age yet...I think it might have to do with the fact that the Master Sword had lost its power and it had just become a "normal sword". When Link powered up the sword again at that point he was recognized as the Hero of Winds and therefore did not have to go into a deep sleep to come of age to use the sword.
As Blue Window stated, being of age was only a requirement for the prophecy of the Hero of Time. It doesn't apply to the Hero of Winds, about whom there was no prophecy. He proved that he had the spirit of the hero and that's that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom