• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How was 2022 for you personally?

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
2022 was a year, I guess. Finished my degree after a really anxious two months of course overload because of a mistake my college made and not long after that started being really worried/frustrated about some health issues my mom's been dealing with that she's yet to really get proper help for despite trying every opportunity to do so. Nothing life-threatening thankfully, but not being able to do anything meaningful to help has been painful. Can't think of anything especially memorable otherwise.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
Another step forward in life... I bought a new house. (technically December 22nd, 2021) - but didn't move in fully until 2nd week of January, so it feels like a 2022 thing.

Progress in my volunteer work and businesses. Bunch of a steps forward and a couple steps back in personal advancement.

Overall... 2022 has been good year. On to 2023!

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
It was a very mixed year, but I can say it was better than last year. There’s probably a lot I have regretted this year, but I think overall I’m in a better state than I was, and most of all I’m happy my brother could apply to his dream college and get to experience amazing things this year. I’m hoping 2023 will be a greater year

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It is great to have not been as intensely caught up in the pandemic as 2020 and 2021 were in terms of lockdowns and general cabin fever. Being able to see friends more and get out are hugely important to me so it improved my mental health and personal relationships quite a bit. I also transitioned to a new job half way through the year with a massive pay increase which has been really great and allowed me to make good strides toward my goal of purchasing an apartment of my own. I made good progress in my Japanese and finished my Upper Advanced Level classes with the Japan Foundation, though I plan to continue improving in my own time going forward.

I didn't get to travel overseas but I have at least two trips in planning for next year which I am excited about. One to Japan in February/March and another to the USA sometime later on in the year. My workplace allows for working remotely overseas for up to 8 weeks per year in addition to 4 weeks of annual leave so that should give me some flexibility to that end too. Hopefully 2023 can be even better than 2022!

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Honestly the beginning of the year was pretty rough. I was in a really dark place and was in therapy for a bit. Ended up getting a new job so I can spend more time trying to focus on myself. I feel a lot better now but still don’t feel like I’m quite there yet. End of the year has been pretty ok at least.

I'd say it was a good year overall. I managed to publish my first scientific paper this year, which is something I've been trying for since 2018 that didn't work out in previous years for various reasons. I already have a draft of my second manuscript ready to go, so I'm optimistic for next year. I also attended my first in-person scientific conferences in July and August. That was fun. I'll use that experience to improve at my next one in March. I had a nice time touring some national parks over the summer as well. And I made a lot of progress in my gaming backlog this year. I loved the new Batman movie this year. Plus, I had a ton of fun watching anime this year.

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
It was fine ig. Graduated high school but besides that I just worked and played video games

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I'd say it was a pretty good year, and I've changed a lot throughout it.

My musical tastes have evolved so much this year, from me liking soft J-rock/pop in the beginning, and now exploring electronicore, power metal, and other metal subgenres. It's been very fun to expand my music tastes and discover different talented artists. Music is very important to me and a big part of who I am. Back in the summer at girls camp I even sang a galneryus song for everybody. I was labeled the 'rockstar' lol
it should be metalhead

I got a few games this year I absolutely love, and have been very fun to play. Ori and Splatoon 3 immediately come to mind.
And anime, I watched really good anime this year that I'm still thinking about now. Death note, for example.

Also, spiritually, it's been a lot. It's been hard. Even though it has, I don't regret what I've gone through. I won't get into specifics, but I've grown a lot as a person and I've developed even more compassion than I had before. Progress has been slow, I'm largely in the same position I was back in the summer, but I have become more sure about certain topics I used to break down over, and I'm happy about that at least. Hopefully in 2023 I can figure the rest out and become the person I want to be.

Also, throughout this year I've become a lot closer with a few members on here and I'm really happy about that. Hoping for another great year on zd with all you guys!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom