• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Uptight Can You Be About Being Sanitary?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I was just curious if you're really uptight about being sanitary or if you're laid back about it. I can be really uptight about it, especially when it comes to food. I go by the zero second rule; the second my food touches the table, counter, floor, whatever is the second it's dead to me. I refuse to eat food that has fallen on the floor. I always wash my hands before I cook something and I try not to let anything spill. I try very hard to be clean when it comes to food.

What about you guys? Do you guys have your uptight moments about being sanitary, or are you more laid back about this sort of thing?

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Depends on the place. In my own home, I'm pretty laid back. I know how clean everything is because I clean it myself. In a familiar place, still a little laid back if I know how, what, and how often the people clean. In public spaces, I'm very uptight about sanitary condidtions. I don't know who's been touching what with what or what has been cleaned or when it has been cleaned last.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
With so many other things, I feel it's everything in moderation. Yes, being sanitary is important, but at the same time our immune system can be weakened if we overdo it. If I'm at home and food fall to the floor, what I do depend on what kind of food it is (it's important to point out that we don't wear shoes inside in Norway, so we don't drag in all kinds of stuff from outside like in countries where it's custom to wear shoes inside). If it falls to the floor in a public place I throw it away, but I'm not all that bothered if it's just the table. I wash my hands after going to the bathroom, after getting them dirty in other ways, and before I prepare a meal. But if I eat somewhere else and I don't have the opportunity to wash my hands, then so be it, I will still eat. I'm generally very healthy, mostly just catch a cold a couple of times a year, sometimes not even that, so it hasn't really harmed me so far.

I use hand sanitizers mainly when I'm at work, because it's both expected of me and because I'm handling other people's food and medicine. I may be more laid back with myself, but I am not when it's other people.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I'm relatively easy-going with it all, really. I'm not the type of person who fears any type of bacteria and thinks living in a germ-free environment is a good thing; people need to get ill and be exposed to bad things, it helps your immune system and in the long-run is a lot healthier. I mean, I got 4 years full attendance at my Middle School and the only time I'm off work ill is with a hangover, so I like to think I'm doing something right. :P So I keep things clean but don't go over-board with all these different cleaning products like some of my friends do. The only time I'm relatively strict with it is when doing something for someone else. I'll make my own food with only giving my hands a quick rinse, with a little bit of soap, sure, but at work I always make sure to scrub very well because I'm making stuff for someone else, not just myself. I think that's just respect more than anything.

Fig

The Altruist
Much like you Az, whenever a piece of food accidentally slips from my hands/utensils and drops to the floor, I can't see myself eat and clean-up the mess that I made. Now I may not be an obsessed with making sure that everything is clean to the point of perfection, I do have a set of high standards for myself when it comes to sanitary. If you were to see me how I live, chances are you will see me wash my hands quite a lot. I will wash my hands before and after a meal, when I finish using the restroom or simply after I know my hands have been contaminated with dirt and such. Luckily for me, I tend to keep the house as clean as it can possibly so in my house I'm very laid back. In a public area or in a friend's house, I will be rather strict upon myself because I'm not used to the environment. That's not to say that I spend most of my time washing my hands when I'm in a public place. I just tend to be more aware of my sanitary and make sure my hands simply don't get contaminated as much so I don't have to leave every 10-15 minutes. Luckily I always bring hand sanitizer every where I go just in case.

I'm pretty laid back. I have really bad dry skin as it is, so constantly washing and sanitizing my hands is terrible for my skin.

When I'm at work, I tend to be more strict with myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom