• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How To Stay Awake

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
I used to have awkward sleep schedules, so I know how to stay awake. xD
I would fix my sleep schedules by staying up way past the normal wake hours, and crash around 7:00pm to get myself back on track.

I found, that what helps me the most, is taking 20 minute naps throughout the day. I even read an article on the internet about it...
I couldn't find the article I found all those Eons ago, but I did find this: 10+ Tips to Successfully Pull an All-Nighter - wikiHow

Anyway, I usually focus on something, try staying awake as long as possible, but every hour or so, I'd take a 10-20 minute nap, then wake up, and I'd last about another hour or so, and I'd just keep doing that, until it was late enough to sleep... and then I would just crash for about 12-14 hours xD

Last edited:

Joy

The Sexy One
Listen to music, but not repetitive. Occasionally stop working to do something like spin around in a circle or dance a little bit.
What I always do is phone my best friend and we just talk non stop until she falls asleep, and I eat lots of bananas. Nothing like a banana to keep you awake.

If all fails, slap yourself whenever your eyes get heavy. ;)

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
when I am exhausted I take a hot shower and drink a cup of coffee (which you don't have). Maybe try Coca-Cola instead??

Hm. I have a hard time falling asleep, and for that matter a hard time staying focused. I don't drink coffee or energy drinks, listen to metal music, any of that. I suck at sleeping, but I can easily relax and dream myself into a sleeplike state. So I have a very different scenario than some. But I'll give my advice anyway.

What I tend to do is stay active and alert by doing things. ther's always work to be done outside of homework, and so i do those things. If I have an assignment that interest me more, I'll do them together, going back and forth between the good one and the dull one. I'll eat chocolate, because I know for a fact that a bar of chocolate has a way higher caffeine content than coffee. If at all possible, I'll fight bosses in Zelda, or do the boss challenges. There's no way to stay alert like killing Phytops, Cragma, Skeldritch, and Dark Link on a heart and a half. Other than that, shine bright lights in your eyes, flicker the light, or if it's cold out like it is for me, step out for a quick chill.

I also bang my head on metal poles and dance to Gangam Style, but I advise against these activities for your sake.

Try drinking water frequently when you feel sleepy. Drink lots and lots of water, to stay awake. You can drink loads of energy drinks too.
Yeah they taste good and give you a boost of energy, but you tend to "crash" after an hour or so. If you're going to drink energy drinks, make sure you savor the drinks so they can last for hours.

My definition of an All nighter is staying up throughout the night, then going all the way till 10:00PM the next night.Trying to stay awake during that time can be a pain, but it's worth it. If you go to bed too early you wake up too early and the all nighter was wasted.

To stay awake one must consume ton's of water. Caffeine only makes it worst (believe it or not). I drink caffeine but i have other methods of staying awake. The internet is a great place for a distraction, surfing websites can temporarily relieve your sleeplessness problem. Even though you probably don't feel like it, video games can solve your problem. Finally there are friends, good friends will keep you awake with just their presence alone. Some people may not have friends in real life, but i find it's the best way to stay awake.

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
I'm a bit hyperactive, so I can't drink energy drinks, otherwise I will go crazy of the walls. But occasionally, I have a hard time staying awake, so my trick is to sing a upbeat song while doing physical movement, like jumping jacks. My mind will wake up when I'm trying to think of a song & how it goes, while physical movements will wake up my body.

onebizarrekai

gay energy
I can't nap no matter how hard I try... I'm lucky if I go to sleep for an hour when I'm sick in bed.

The thing is, I DO have a pretty easy time staying up late at the time. I've never fallen asleep doing something really late at night.

All I really have to do to keep myself up is play video games or do something similar. If I'm comfortable in bed, though, my head my drop from how tired I realize I am and then I have to sleep.

What I find really annoying is that I find myself yawning all day if I stayed up late the night before, but once I go to bed, I'm not tired anymore. I can't really do anything about it, but my mom thinks making me go to bed earlier is going to help me sleep. I'd probably sit there until I usually fall asleep, anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom