• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors How to sell weapons from weapon selection screen

I just defeated Revali in Rito Village and am being asked to select weapons. However I cannot seem to get out of this screen. My only options are to "Select", "Lock/Unlock" or "Equip". But nowhere is there a button or menu option to proceed forward.

aoc_stuck_screen.jpg

It appears someone else had the same problem a few weeks ago (I scrolled down in the questions list on this AoC forum). Someone else mentioned that they had the same problem and just had to sell weapons since they had too many. So how can I sell my excess weapons from this screen so I can progress out of it?

Last edited:
Thanks @Azure Sage but that doesn't work.

What is the point of this screen? Selecting/Unselecting wepons? Locking and Unlocking them?

This is a pretty lousy user experience: they present you a screen without cluing you in to what you are supposed to do and they don't explain what any of these options are for.

How could I have 25 / 20 weapons? Why would it allow me to have more weapons than I can carry? Not much about this screen is making any sense to me.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Thanks @Azure Sage but that doesn't work.

What is the point of this screen? Selecting/Unselecting wepons? Locking and Unlocking them?

This is a pretty lousy user experience: they present you a screen without cluing you in to what you are supposed to do and they don't explain what any of these options are for.

How could I have 25 / 20 weapons? Why would it allow me to have more weapons than I can carry? Not much about this screen is making any sense to me.
You have 25/20 weapons because you collected more weapons in the battle than you had space left for in your inventory. I'd suggest just hitting random buttons until something works. I don't remember being confused by the screen myself, but I also only hit it once so, I'm sorry I couldn't be more help.

Yeah I've been mangling buttons and nothing seems to be working.

Can you tell me what the purpose of this screen is? I'm still confused by what I'm even supposed to be doing here, and maybe knowing what the purpose of this screen is will shed some light.

If I'm supposed to sell weapons here, I would expect to see a "Sell" or "Sell Weapon" button somewhere. But as you can see in the screenshot, no such option exists.

Its really laughable. The screen doesn't even have a real title. "Revali, the Rita Warrior: Victory". Lol. OK, so what am I supposed to be doing here. Who honestly signed off on this game?!?!

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Yeah I've been mangling buttons and nothing seems to be working.

Can you tell me what the purpose of this screen is? I'm still confused by what I'm even supposed to be doing here, and maybe knowing what the purpose of this screen is will shed some light.

If I'm supposed to sell weapons here, I would expect to see a "Sell" or "Sell Weapon" button somewhere. But as you can see in the screenshot, no such option exists.
You get that screen because you collected more weapons from that battle than could fit in your inventory, so you get taken to that screen to sell some to make room. I'm pretty sure you can also sell the ones you just picked up, too. If I remember right, you need to select enough weapons to get back down to below 20 before the option comes up? Maybe?

OMG that was it. I was 5 items too heavy so I had to select 5 items and finally a "Confirm" option appeared and I was able to continue.

I cannot stress enough how bad this UX was. No instructions telling me what I had to do. No tooltips or helpers explaining what any of the options were for.

At the very least they should have had a counter going that incremented each time I selected a weapon. If I had seen something that indicated I had selected 0/5 or 1/5, 2/5, etc. weapons, I might have figured it out. What a hot mess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom