• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How to Pronounce Fi

How do you pronounce Fi?

• Fee

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fie

• Fay

• Other

• Total voters

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
As others have stated, since the time her name was initially spelled Phi, I originally pronounced it as "Fee". I keep it that way.

I'm also glad to see that most people agree with me. Since I keep hearing Nintendo officials pronounce it the other way, I was beginning to think I was actually incorrect...

i dont know why but fee sounds to childish to her, and ive always said fie which sounds more serious

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
When Fi used to be known as Phi I kind of stuck to that name. And since Phi is supposed to sound like Fee, that's what I stuck with too.

I prefer Fi, but I like that everyone can say it the way they want - Nintendo haven't really given an official pronunciation. That's one of many great things about the Zelda series; the player can interpret things in the way they want.

Nintendo should've included in Hyrule Historia a whole page dedicated to how to pronounce certain names and words in the Zelda universe.

Another one that is widely debated is cucco.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom