• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How to Pronounce Fi

How do you pronounce Fi?

• Fee

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fie

• Fay

• Other

• Total voters
And by the way, the people referring to a Greek translation, it's a little ridiculous. I am pretty sure it's based of the Greek letter, which is pronounced as "Fie"

Phi pronounced like "fie" is the anglicized (you know, English?) Greek pronunciation. The "fee" pronunciation is generally accepted to be the [among the] original Greek pronunciation. Frankly, I don't think the pronunciation of the character Fi's name was ever an "either/or" deal to begin, and can be pronounced however the player wishes.

Last edited by a moderator:

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I've always pronounced her name as "Fie" mainly because that's how I pronounce the Greek letter. Plus, it makes sense to me that her name is based on a Greek letter, because she reflects Math, and I know that Greek letters are used often in Math.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Whenever I'm not sure how to pronounce something, I go to Dictionary.com and type the word in there and see how they pronounce it. Dictionary.com pronounces it "Fee", so that's the way I say it too.

I always pronounced it as Fee.. but I actually took Japanese in highschool and if I remember right, the 'i' in Fi is pronounced like 'ee'. I might be wrong, but pronouncing her name as Fee always feels more comfortable to me. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom