• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tech Help How to Make My Xbox 360 Shut the (expletive) Up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
My xbox 360 is really loud as of late, it's an original launch model (surprised it's survive this long tbh). It isn't hot or anything, but it is ridiculously loud nonetheless. Is this native to the launch model? My Elite, and my grandma's 360S weren't and aren't (respectively) anywhere close to this loud.

Well, when a PC get really loud, it usually means that there's too much dust inside.

Dust acts as an insulator, reducing the efficiency of cooling fans. Therefore, the cooling fans have to spin faster in order to keep the components cool, increasing noise. Try disassembling your console and cleaning the inside with compressed air. Try to get all of the dust out of the CPU heatsink. This might help.

Austin

Austin
My xbox 360 is really loud as of late, it's an original launch model (surprised it's survive this long tbh). It isn't hot or anything, but it is ridiculously loud nonetheless. Is this native to the launch model? My Elite, and my grandma's 360S weren't and aren't (respectively) anywhere close to this loud.

Launch models are horrendously loud, I can attest to that. You could try dusting it out too but I suspect that it won't help too much.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
I have a similar problem, if not the same problem with my 360. It's a 4GB refurbished from Gamestop. It never made such noise when I first got it and now it will do it occasionally and usually doesn't stop unless I reposition it a certain way. I had to set it on its side (I used to have it set upright) in order to get it to run silent at all.

The weird thing is, it does it with some game disks and not with others, and IDK what the difference is. But if I can get it to stop it'll only be for a while before it starts up again.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Well I won't be needing this anymore; just got a PS3 and it's insanely quiet. <3

**** the Xbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom