• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How to Improve the Next Elder Scrolls Game

I know we have some Elder Scrolls fans in here.
This was just something I was thinking about tonight.

Things to improve the next Elder Scrolls game:

Keep the same leveling system as Skyrim:
Add classes but keep the same leveling system
The adding of classes would give it more of and RPG feel, but the current leveling of leveling what you use is more intuitive and realistic then adding points to certain traits every time you level up.
At least they should allow you to be able to pick which leveling system you want to use at the beginning

Pay 2 Level:
Are they serious? Paying someone to level up skills? Can you GET anymore casual? You should at least have to DO something to earn the skill level-up. It's BS.

Iron out silly exploits:
Like the iron daggers exploit. Make it so crafting a cuirass gives you much more xp than something small like a dagger.

Make the skills worth using:
I see absolutely no reason to use Alchemy. Potions are easier to find than most items in the game.
Same with enchanting. It's pretty useful, but I find tons and tons of enchanted weapons, so it probably doesn't seem worth it to use this skill to a lot of players.

More armor pieces:
Armor has far more than 4 pieces.
Nuff said

More weapon types:
More weapons like spears, flails, crossbows (at the game's launch), guisarmes, halberds, lances, voulges, etc.
Also different types of weapons within each material type. Like multiple different swords, axes, maces etc in each material type

More voice actors and more phrases for the NPCs to say:
Seriously, it sounds like there are six voices. They need hundreds. Hearing the same voices over and breaks the immersion. Same goes for the things they say.
If I hear ONE MORE guard complain about their dragon fighting cousin or arrows in their joints, I'm throwing my monitor out the window.
This leads to my next point: Better writing.
The writing needs overall improvement from quests to the random books you find around the world. The books are filled with grammatical errors and the majority of the side quests aren't terribly compelling.

Also relative to my previous point, the NPCs seem just like what they are most of the time; NPCs
Overall they need more dialogue options that are dynamic, interesting, and believable. Especially the important character NPCs

An improved storing system:
It's a jumbled nightmare putting everything in a chest. Mods can fix it, but that doesn't excuse it. Enable the player to sort through everything by category so you can actually find what you're looking for in storage.

Bug testing. Bug testing. Bug testing:
Get yourself in gear, Bethesda.

The combat:
This could go on for paragraphs, and it's VERY obvious what is wrong, so suffice it to say that they need a complete overhaul on the combat system.
The kill-cams are cool though.

This is pretty much all I can think of for right now, and it fixes all the problems I have that i can think of right now

Feel free to add more in the comments

In the next Elder Scrolls game, they should make sure that they actually test their game. Seriously, there were glitches, freezing and lag issues in Skyrim. The game was a broken mess.

No to classes. Yes classes are nice in games but what i like about skyrim is you have to choose and think about what you want points in and the fact you can change your fighting style. If classes are added then they would need to add class stories.

You mean the 5 levels within a skill set (pickpocketing etc) per each actual level? I think that is fine, it can only be used 5 times per level and becomes more and more expensive. The person is teaching you.

Yes they need to make the skills such as alchemy more useful with a better and easier system but not to the extent where if you dont level it you cant play.

Show me a game as big as skyrim that doesnt have any bugs/exploits/glitches.

More weapons would be good. More armour slots and more armour is also a nice idea.

The voice acting annoyed me...pretty sure it is just one voice actor in the full game :P if they can change this it would be great as long as it doesnt affect other areas of the game due to less spending available.

The storage in the game is annoying, need some work.

I like the combat but if it can be improved then great.

The next elder scrolls game is going to be an MMO is it not? - Which would require classes, so if its an MMO yes to classes

Edit: Just noticed yer comment about the books in the game...best tell them to get the good old speller checker out :P I think that is done on purpose for the feel of a umm medieval fantasy theme

Last edited:
Firstly, they need to bring back the ability to make your own spells.
Second, there needs to be more complicated quests other than the overused "go into this dungeon full of undead/dwemer machines and kill the boss/find my thing.
Third, medium armor.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
I think they need a more in-depth and interesting story. Don't get me wrong I loved playing through Skyrim but I felt that the land was so large and there was so many possible things that I can do that I constantly forget about most of the overall plot of the game. I think they could take some ideas from Xenoblade Chronicles. It was an enormous game with many quests and possible things to do, but the plot was so interesting and in-depth that I found my self constantly wanting to know what would happen next.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
How to improve the next Elder Scrolls game: Don't make it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom