• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How to Improve Pokemon

A lot of times you hear people *****in' (excuse the language) about how much Pokemon sucks-The graphics are crude, the formula is outdated, Game Freak and the Pokemon Company are just out to make money! My question for you today is: How do you believe the traditional franchise formula can be improved? Should fusions for all Pokemon be instituted? Should the graphical style be fully 3D? Should the story ditch the Elite IV and Pokemon League and focus on some evil organization completely as do the two Gamecube titles? Please share your thoughts below. :)

Kevin

Original PD
Site Staff
I'd like to see Game Freak go all out and have a story that takes the player all the way through every region.

Night Owl

~Momentai
What if they made a huge game that Combines the regions, the Ranger Union and possibly Orre as well.

You could have a huge organization Plaguing the entire Pokeworld. As well as make the Game where you are trying to enter the Pokemon League World Championships. Maybe your parents could be retired Rangers And they decide to give you their capture styler. In between regions you could do Ranger Missions.

I think I'm getting lost in Ideas and I'm wondering if doing this would just become to big a game... :/

I'd like to see Game Freak go all out and have a story that takes the player all the way through every region.

Oooooh man. I would be able to die happy.

But in all honestly, I would prefer that they continue to make games that revisit old areas. Gold and Silver are excellent examples of this - beating the Elite Four was only the half way point.

I also sort of wish they'd incorporate a more side-questy style of gameplay. Anything that makes the layout of the game feel a little less linear feeling. It's good that there are clear checkpoints, but memories of being stuck forever on Whitney in Gold/Silver makes me wish there were other things to bide my time than just grinding.

I like the way the games are now. But I'd love it if they had more things for you to do after you finish the story.

Loads of fans are raging because there isn't a Pokémon game that lets you go to all 5 regions yet. I think if Game freak made such a game, then Pokémon sales would go through the roof.

I have always wanted a game where you could go through all the main regions. As for the handheld games, I think they are fine the way they are but I wouldn't mind them expirimenting with something new for the wii/wii u.

Its perfect as it is. Every single game in the world could get critized just because people don;t know better. Really the only thing I can think of the Pokemon games being better i susing 3d models instead of sprites.

MarkaenShoque92

Hero of Hoenn
I personally feel that if they go full 3-D, get rid of the trainer sprites (when walking around) that are still 2-D. They are holding back the capabilities of the graphics in that department, and as seen in Black and White, it looks weird having a flat sprite on a not-so-flat landscape. Also, can we please move diagonally instead of just the four compass directions?

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I still like it as it is now, but I think that they need to make the story a little longer, put more content in between the different gyms and have more cities without gyms. Also it would be cool with more hidden caverns and such secrets that you can only find by exploring a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom