• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time How to Get the Piece of Heart from Dampe Without the Longshot

lilwilly

Swordless Link
Race Dampe like you normally would, but in the room before the staircase like room is 2 big pillars with symbols on them.Instead of following dampe, turn right then left to get to the room where you turn left to get to the final stretch. It can take off 6 seconds! Even if you get hit with fire!

I also never knew you were supposed to have to longshot. I actually had to beat him twice because I fell and missed the heart piece the first time and couldn't get back up.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
You need the longshot? I got mine by dodging all the flames and running around the pit, you don't need the longshot!

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
I'm surprised how few people knew that you need the longshot. I figured that out on my own. The really easy way to get the heart piece (and theoretically finish the race in zero seconds) is to play any warp song and run while the text box is up. When the text box is up the timer will not go up. But you still need to hurry up because if you get too far behind Dampe you'll have to start over. I made that mistake the first time I tried it.

Oh, I am actually there now. I forgot about this race, I am having a hard time aiming the longshot with the GC controller.

Update: After much practice and the hint in the first post, I got it. You have to be quick with the longshot.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom