• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How to Easily Convert From WMA to MP3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Canary

Your Friendly Neighborhood S***poster
I ripped a CD on to my computer and I want to put it on my phone, but the files are all WMA. Is there a way to convert them all to MP3 without using a website or a program or something?

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I use Freemake Audio Converter. It works pretty well. But it has a pretty annoying and bad installer that tries to force adware on you. If you know how to get rid of that stuff, which I do (Spybot Search & Destroy), you can get it installed and be able to use it. It has a lot of conversions preset.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
What program did you rip the CD with? A lot of the time, you can toggle a setting so that the files rip as MP3s. See if the program you used has this setting and re-rip the CD.

If I need to convert audio files, usually FLAC to MP3, I use Audacity because that's what I was first introduced to. It's not really the most intuitive software, but it gets the job done.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Googling "free mp3 converter" turns up a lot of additionally useful results, too.

Since the issue is now resolved, I'll be closing this thread. Message me if this is inconvenient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom