• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How to Beat a Game

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
So recently, no not recently, for like, my entire life I've had this issue of starting a game, loving the game and everything I've played of it, and suddenly I just stop playing because I don't feel like it. This has happened to me with both Etrian Odyssey games I own, where I have played about a quarter of the way into each and suddenly I lose the will to play more. Now, it's not because I dislike the games, because I absolutely adore them, but for some reason I just don't want to.

Now this is not a good thing, because these are games I've spent some money on, and I don't want to end up having these excellent games become a waste of money because I just don't have the will to play them.

So the question I have is, is do you guys have any tips for staying engaged in a game to the end?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The way I like to beat a game is to hang it up using some wire through the hole in the middle, just so it dangles like a piñata. Then I let loose with my fists. For those with more delicate hands out there you can use some kind of bat or club to beat your games.
Sonic 06 is a very popular one to beat.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I have this issue as well, i lost interest in a game partway through and never play it again. The only advice i'd say i can give is you force yourself back into the game and start to notice some of the smaller things such as NPC's for large RPG games i quickly get bored of questing and spend ages grinding levels so i force myself to chat to NPC's and if given a quest go for it.

SpiteChaotic

The lazy Chaos Bringer
I have this issue aswell. Mostly with really long games that fall into Rpg category. It is just natural burn out. I usually have a back up game. Usually on a handheld. It gives me a bit of variety. Switch between the two when I'm starting to feel a bit of burnout when playing one or another.

Yet again I still have games in my library i still need to return too. So not the best solution. I do love my Digimon World 2 but still never beat it. So long and World 3 is even longer and a bit on the tedious side. One day I will power through. I just got to build my love and interest back up.

SpiteChaotic

The lazy Chaos Bringer
I just remembered my thing I did for Etrain Odessey. Since it was a lot of grinding between levels and items. I means no game gets more grind heavy for me then that. I usually had something on tv or on youtube as i did that. Keeping the game in my second thought as i killed hordes of things. To make it a bit easier on my mind then just paying attention to the same fights and same stuff all the time. Just got to make sure to keep an eye on your hp and other points.

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
I have this exact same problem. What i've done to try and get through this for any type of game is pace myself through the game. This goes double for RPGs because I usually end up level grinding for hours and then not feel like playing at all even though it'd be a breeze with a strong team. So, yea, pacing keeps me from playing for too long and getting burned out and not getting burned out gives me the ability to finish the game.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
I'll join in and say this happens to me as well, though I usually do end up beating the game. The thing for me is that when I get close to the end, I don't want it to end, so I stop playing. It's the same with certain TV shows. Once I reach the end of a series, I stop watching so that "it doesn't end".

The trick for me is to be playing 2-3 games at the same time. I can't just play one game and nothing else. I need to have a little break in between. So I would also recommend (like others have done) to have a little variety in your gaming schedule, so you don't burn out on a game. Also, think of the reward of beating the game, the satisfaction you'll get knowing that you finished it, and the resolution of the story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom