• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U How to Actually Play This Game These Days

When I started playing the Zelda games, TWW had been and gone (I got TP on the Nintendo Selects)
Do you think it will ever be re-released as a remake or virtual console release for WiiU?

MW7

Why did they take the gamecube disc reading ability away from the wii!? That's so stupid!

Money. It reduces the cost of producing the system. It's incredibly stupid from our perspective but it's smart from theirs. Most people buying a Wii at this point wouldn't even know what backwards compatibility is. Removing the functionality allows them to keep making a profit as the price of the system falls so that they can still sell some consoles.

It will probably be released on the Wii-U's virtual console, but if you don't want to wait that long you could always buy a Gamecube for like, twelve dollars.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
There's always a possibility that they will remake or re-release Wind Waker for upcoming consoles. I for one think it would be awesome if they remade it, but I'm sure it's still too early for that.

It's funny cause I actually just recently bought a Wii 2 months ago, #1 to play Skyward Sword and #2 to play old GC games that I kept after selling my GC (such as WW, TP, OoT MQ, SSBM), and so I bought a refurbrished one that is practically new for $80 with tax, which is almost how much I sold my GC for.

But yes, there hasn't been a remake because of this backward compatibility, but I can definitely see them rereleasing it on Wii-U as a virtual console title, or even the Wii-U's successor as a remake. If they did end up remaking the game and improving some areas of it as I would hope, I wouldn't think they'd rush to do so in the next 10 years.

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
I think that the Wii U should add gamecube games to VC, but for now I just play the discs on my Wii. that was one of the biggest tip off reasons that I got a Wii for.

bobenstien

"How should I kill you?"
newer wii's and the wii-u don't play gamecube games tho (which i think is the dumbest move nintendo could have made)

Don't be a jerk to Nintendo like that. They work very hard and if it wasn't for them, this website wouln't even exist!! :mad:

I know this was a bad move, but they do work hard. Knock it off.

Mrflamexd3

Wind Waker!
I don't see a remake on the Wii U, but I can see a rerelease like all the NES, SNES, and N64 games on the Wii Shop Channel. Everything would be the same except the map and start screen wouldn't be on the screen but the Wii U pad thing.

Please no remakes. WW doesn't need to be remade, it's fine, just concentrate on new games, though I love the art style, they could reuse that. If they ever remake Zelda games, I think a LoZ/AoL combo remake would be cool and the games are over 20 years old.

DinNayruFarore

God of Goddesses
When I started playing the Zelda games, TWW had been and gone (I got TP on the Nintendo Selects)
Do you think it will ever be re-released as a remake or virtual console release for WiiU?

Why would we need it as a remake? We can play it on the Wii perfectly, and I'm sure the WiiU will allow some backwards compatibility. If it does have a remake, I'd like more sidequests.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom