• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How the Skyward Sword Becomes the Master Sword

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
I've given this some thought and watched various theories, and I assume you've read Axle's latest article, so this is what I've come up with:
There is a spirit in the SS that looks vaguely like the blade its self. If you have a look at the pale bloke, he looks like the guilted sword. Both of these blades have some thing to do with a presious thing (a jewl in the SS and gold for the GS) so i think that the spirits inhabit the jewl/metal. I also think that because the wind boomerang in TP has a jewl and a spirit... But thats beside the point. The main thing is, maybe the spirit of the SS knows that it is too weak to banish the evil down below so she takes over the sword by sacrificing herself from it's gem and putting it's power in the actual blade. That makes the sword more powerful and would explain the absence of a spirit in the other games with the master sword in it. This is just my theory but i want to see what you think about it...

That COULD work, but, to be honest, I always thought the spirit girl thing would eventually...die. Well, not necesarily die, but she clearly isn't present in any other games (except Wind Waker...maybe.) So I agree with the sacrificing part, but as I've already posted, I don't think that every sword now has a spirit. The Guilded Sword is just the Kokiri Sword, but REALLY tricked out. Plus, it was created in an alternate universe.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
The Kokkiri Sword isn't the Guilded Sword, the Hero Sword is, don't know why people keep saying that. Link in Majora's Mask didn't have the Kokkiri Sword if I'm not mistaken. The blades look different in the begining and the sword Link uses in the begining has a different handle than the Kokkiri Sword, and lacks the jewel it had. Now if it is specifically called the Kokkiri Sword I'm wrong, but I believe in the subscreen that it's called the Hero's Sword (and I'm not trying to sound rude, if it commes off that way :)).

Anyways, I like your theory here. Makes sense to me.

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
That COULD work, but, to be honest, I always thought the spirit girl thing would eventually...die. Well, not necesarily die, but she clearly isn't present in any other games (except Wind Waker...maybe.) So I agree with the sacrificing part, but as I've already posted, I don't think that every sword now has a spirit. The Guilded Sword is just the Kokiri Sword, but REALLY tricked out. Plus, it was created in an alternate universe.
Maybe the guilded sword was infused with a spirit or the bloke that made it was a human version of the spirit.

dadude1200

hero of...uh... somthing.
The Kokkiri Sword isn't the Guilded Sword, the Hero Sword is, don't know why people keep saying that. Link in Majora's Mask didn't have the Kokkiri Sword if I'm not mistaken. The blades look different in the begining and the sword Link uses in the begining has a different handle than the Kokkiri Sword, and lacks the jewel it had. Now if it is specifically called the Kokkiri Sword I'm wrong, but I believe in the subscreen that it's called the Hero's Sword
well prehaps there were two korkori swords.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Hm. Interesting, but personally I don't think that's how it goes down, as the sword figure isn't just a spirit in the sword. She's the sword itself. She doesn't just reside in the sword, she transforms from the sword into the figure and vice versa.

Anyway, the way I think it'll go down is that after all is said and done, the sword somehow changes power to where the sword is now the permanent figure (can't transform), but gaines the power to "repel evil." Obviously, though, the concsiousness of the figure would still be there, as the Master Sword chooses its weilder.

Kaleb Dampf

YouTube- www.youtube.com/user/F3artheReaper
Only from the halfway point to the end of the game does the Skyward Sword become the Master Sword.

Pen

The game is on!
I think perhaps that at some point in the game the Skyward Sword becomes the Master Sword because it somehow knows that Ganondorf will try to take over Hyrule sometime in the future, so it has to separate its "spirit" from the sword to become able to kill Ganondorf. So, the spirit eventually becomes the queen of the fairy world (WW), and the sword which now possesses the power to repel evil becomes the well known Master Sword.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom