• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

how the Ocarina of Time sages coulda helpedLink

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
the sages in Ocarina of Time could have helped Link like Saria coulda planted trees or gone through small spaces, Darunia coulda rolled smash walls, Ruto helped a tiny titchy bit but shes the only one that did. The others could help in other ways somehow... guys suggest ways they could help!!

Last edited:

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Nabooru coulda done sneaky thievery stuff and Impa coulda shone a light into the darkness...

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
In all honesty when i first found that they were giving medallions and "adding" their power to links i thought maybe link would gain some bonus abilities, such as water medallion acting as a surrogate scale so you wouldn't need the gold scale to dive deep sadly it wasn't the case, did learn later that it was meant to be a thing just never got added. In terms of what they could've done i always envisioned it as:

Saria: Call to green things to create ivy to climb up surfaces or to immobilize a target temporarily, or to summon a deku baba to spit a seed
Darunia: To give link a bit of extra weight and strength (Used in combo with megaton hammer) Or to act as a stronger din's fire
Ruto: Honestly i always thought Nayru's Love would've been perfect for Ruto's power, she's the only one who seems to love Link, or to allow link to dive deeper than before.
Impa: To let link hide in plain sight for a short time and to have a larger bow capacity - could you imagine Gerudo Valley with this?
Nabooru: Give link a greater chance of drops that you actually need instead of just hearts all the time.
Rauru: This one i felt was taken by navi truthfully, the light medallion could've given link hints on what he should be doing and ways to solve a puzzle, maybe highlight where links gotta go with a glowing light.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
They did help, they made a rainbow bridge so Link could get to Ganon's Castle. And they combined their power to open up the void to the Evil Realm.

Yeah it seems like a rip off, in Link's case, that they didn't help out more. Everyone in the game does atleast help him out in ways that they can.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Like SMS said they helped you with the rainbow Bridge but they should have had a bigger role to play. Before they were revealed to be sages, you got some useful items from them but it would've been more cool if they gave you something very useful after you saved them and they turned out to be sages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom