• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How the Master Sword is "hidden"

geek4887

The Unknown
There are two places in Hyrule where one might find the Master Sword: Sacred Grove/Lost Woods, or the Temple of Time. How does it get there? Well, this theory is mainly for the child timeline, so yeah. :) Here it goes

After the child timeline, many people say that after Link went to Termina, saved it, and got back, he looked for Navi (and I guess he failed). So, he wanted to train heroes in between him, which he became a Stalfos for it. Maybe he settled in Termina to look for Navi before he became a Stalfos, and was quite old by the time he got back to the Lost Woods, so he died. The Sages might've wanted to commemorate his death, so they transferred the Temple of Time in the Lost Woods where he died (outrageous, I know). They then replaced the Master Sword back in the pedestal, where it originally was, and left it there for the next hero to appear.

This theory is probably and outrageous one, I know. But, that's what I think anyways. Thanks for taking your time and reading this. :D

Earthtemple

The Windfish's Therapist
I don't think it is totally outrageous, but I don't think the locations in Zelda are concrete. I believe that the Temple of Time in twilight princess is the same as the one in ocarina of time, and I don't believe it was moved. I just think the scenery around it changed. That being said, the temple of time could crumble and leave the sacred grove behind, which is where you get the master sword in both twilight princess and a link to the past.

Capitaine

Ray of Silver
The Temple of Time was originally going to be in the Lost Woods in OoT, and when TP went up to Miyamoto with the idea to make TP, he was told to use that opportunity to do all the things that couldn't be done in OoT (like horseback sword-fighting). I guess the Temple of Time in the forest was one of these things. It's position in the Sacred Grove in TP is merely a restoration of original intent rather than a retcon or a literal move/rebuild kind of thing.

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
The Sacred Grove is the Temple of Time, just dismantled. As Capitaine said, the Temple of Time was originally going to be in the Lost Woods. Nintendo probably put the Temple of Time in Castle Town in OoT so that we could see what Ganondorf did to Castle Town immediately after exiting the Temple of Time.

Last edited:

geek4887

The Unknown
The Sacred Grove is the Temple of Time, just dismantled. As Capitaine said, the Temple of Time was originally going to be in the Lost Woods. Nintendo probably put the Temple of Time in Castle Town in OoT so that we could see what Ganondorf did to Castle Town immediately after exiting the Temple of Time.

Oh, so there's no "logical" reason as to why the Temple of Time was moved to the Lost Woods. And here, when I first played Ocarina, I spent 15 minutes just trying to remember where I last saw the Temple of Time, even though it was in Castle Town all along. :sweat:

S

Silverk42

Yea, that isn't outrageous because the timeline is so confusing ( for me ) and there is so many possibilities that it's outrageous but ye. Any answer can be right, any answer can be wrong :).

Junehs

[the.Jumping.Bean] ~
I always thought when he was returning to Hyrule, he got lost in the Lost Woods and became a Stalfos because when children get lost in the woods, they turn into monsters. The timeline is really confusing so it's hard to figure things out. x.x Too many theories. lol

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I always thought when he was returning to Hyrule, he got lost in the Lost Woods and became a Stalfos because when children get lost in the woods, they turn into monsters. The timeline is really confusing so it's hard to figure things out. x.x Too many theories. lol

Well I can assure you Link turning into a Stalfos has nothing to do with it. I'm not really sure what spawned this theory beyond the Hero's Shade thing (which him being Stalfos Link is absurd), but there's nothing to really suggest it. In fact, it's quite the opposite, as Link wouldn't have had a descendant.

Its not outrageous, it makes sense.

I have theory similar to your's (I was going to make it a thread, but I'm doing it now anyway so....) and that is this: remember Twilight Princess Link was the "chosen hero". And only the "chosen hero" could pull the Master Sword. I think that the Hyrule Castle and Lost Woods locations were predestined locations. The Sages, after Ganondorf was sealed in the Twilight Realm, moved the Temple of Time the the second location they were told ages before. The Master Sword "clicked" if you would, into place and from then until Twilight Princess when the "chosen hero" pulled it.

The theory makes a lot of sense to me and it explains WHY the temple was moved very well.

lithanium

has eaten a boulder!
The hero's shade is a stalfos...? i thought it was a ghost. Link being the hero's shade makes a bit of sens to me.

why wouldn't he have a descendant?

iunno.Link doesnt marry anyone, he has no sisters brothers cousins that i know of. maybe he would marry zelda, but then it would be all king link and that would be just...odd.

so no descendants for link...i think. any more theories to sink? ill read it in a wink- ehehe. bad poetry? off topic maybe.

outrageous theory? possibly. correct theory? probably. and, as you know, probable is more possible than possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom