• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler How the Heck to Find Time to Game.

I dunno why but lately I've had absolutely no time whatsoever to play any games other than a few quick 15-30 minute sessions on my 3DS. I suppose I could take the time NOW to turn on some consoles but I am exhausted and feel like asking 'how do you find time to play'?!

Before, I'd just play a game after work or school but it seems now I never have time (working longer plus longer commute) and when I get home, all I can think of is sleep before that stupid alarm goes off and I have to catch another bus to work. Am I at a seriously depressing point in my life where I have to somehow schedule in gaming sessions (as opposed to doing something more productive with my life) or should it not be a priority at the moment? I feel like I'm losing touch with my very nerdy roots. So how do ya guys do it?!

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
That sounds really tough. I'm gonna do the best I can to help you since your post was kinda vague on your current situation. So, assuming you still attend school, I'm gonna have to say, suck it up until break. Another piece of advice (assuming this job is only temporary), you have to ask yourself if your job is really worth the trouble. I don't know your financial status right now, but if you're not being payed enough for how much you have to sacrifice, I'd say quit and try to find something better fitted for your situation. You shouldn't have to live without any free time.

Last edited:

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Find something better first then quit, dont quit and then have trouble finding a job

That's exactly why I said I don't know his current financial situation. I don't know if he has this job to help support his family, future plans, etc. I don't even know what he does for a living and for how much. I guess, my point is, if your job requires you to turn an inch into a mile for a couple of peanuts, then it's simply not worth it. But if you really depend on this job, then just suck it up until you do find the time.

the trick is you play when you are suppose to be doing work... :devil:
But no no, I normally play only when I have "time" ... :devil:

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
Sometimes it's hard to find time to play. Sometimes all you can have is 15-30 min sessions, that about how much I get in the day time. It depends on when you get home. I usually stay at least to 10:00 playing. If its later than you need sleep. If you have a weekend break use it to go crazy on games. For me I look at my day and see what I have to get done. Then in bettween my breaks I play in bettween school and work. And if your not afraid to lose your job bring a DS and slack off during work thats what I do! just kidding :)
And also if you have such crazy work hours you may want to look into getting a job that easier to you so that your not always tired and you still get gaming in. Just find out what works for you.

When it comes to school, the best advice that I can come up with is to do your homework during school. I usually do it during lunch or when we are not doing anything in any of my classes. That way you can do less work at home and all you really need to do is study. Also, do not procrastinate. You will just get more piles of work which will affect your free time. With jobs, find an easier job that doesn't cause too much stress. If you really want to stay in this job, then I don't know what else to tell you. Just get some rest and you'll be fine.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I sometimes play on the communte (my purse always contains my ipod, kindle and 3DS, so I always have something to entertain me on the bus to and from work), and sometimes if I'm waiting for something or someone. That's what I love about handhelds, you can play pretty much anywhere :)

I hear ya Badwolf. I basically missed the N64 and Gamecube generations due to busy schedules and tight finances. Now, I'm back to my nerdy roots.

Take it easy, don't stress out too much over it. You may stray away from your nerdy roots for now, but you'll find them again once the time is right.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
The answer is simple.
Give up sleep, acquire extra 6-10 hours of free time.

But in all seriousness, you're not going to be able to hold down a job without sacrifice. And in the current economic climate we're in, a job isn't something to throw away simply for some extra free time (looking at you Turo!). Stick it out, learn to live with your decreased free time and when you do get the occasional break to have a marathon gaming session you'll enjoy it more and have a fatter bank balance. The unfortunate truth is we all have to build our schedules around work eventually. But now that you do have this job it will be much easier to either find a better one (job seeking whilst working is much easier than when unemployed) or perhaps get a promotion from the boss if you prove yourself worthy.

Reread my posts carefully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom