• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Skull Kid Formed Deku Link

rettam

I accidentally the...
To further confirm this, the Butler can be seen with the tree in the credits.

i thin khe just used his magic on hiom to make him look like his son so thats y and like the son is some were else so maybe the son was the first deku scrup he first saw

i think the flower was his "his spirit" because thats a home to a deku and the skull kid used the birth place as the swapping arena for link

hylianbeast

Sage of Destiny
It is true that in order to get a transformation mask someone has to die, bu the SKULL KID didn't kill the Deku tree. Gannondorf killed the Deku Tree with Gohma so obviously SKULL KID can't kill him twice. Also, the sad tree was the only mask that SKULL KID directly killed. The Zora mask was killed by pirates, and the Goron mask died from the cold.

it is the deku butlers son i thought about this theory a long time ago skull kid took the deku sons soul cursed you with the dekus sons soul it if he didnt then how would you have transformed i guess you could have been transformed but what tells you its the sons soul is that you get a mask if you didnt have a sould of another being how could that being become a mask when you talk to the deku butler he says you remind him of his son. In the stone temple or tower you have to play the something of emptiness that creates a statue of yourself notice the statue is not of deku, goron,or zora link the statues appearance looks like (depending on whose mask you wearing) the goron zora or deku before you wore the mask as in the statue looks like them before they died

yes i know i have already posted this but i kinda fixed it up abit i didnt read what i wrote so when i posted it did not come out right and the something of emtiness i can never remember the name of that song

Even though it is never said per say in the game that the sad tree is the Deku Butler's son... it is more or less assumed by most that it is... And saying that all of the suffering of every one else is caused by Skull Kid, it is not a far fetched theory that Skull Kid is the cause of the Deku Butler's son's death....
All the transformation mask seem to my the remaining spirits of someone that died because of Skull Kid... (Un-know about the Fierce God mask)...
:P

Groose

Groosenator
Definitely the butlers son. Link's transformation masks come from the spirits or souls of the dead. So the transformation that the skull kid puts on link in the beginning had to have come from a dead deku scrub if Link was able to seal the spirit in a mask.

Garo

Boy Wonder
I have often wondered if the Deku Butler's son story was actually meant to be clearly stated as the spirit of Link's mask, but that part was cut from the final game to save some space on the cartridge. Because hearing these little bits and pieces from the Deku Butler makes little sense on it's own. It is a story fragment that appears to lead nowhere, the Deku Butler had a son, and he is missing now. You really have to wonder just why the developers thought that little piece was worth mentioning if you had no ability to find or rescue his son. It was just some missing piece of plot that happens to be there, and for no other reason then to have the Deku Butler say it.

Normally a quote like this would lead to another miniquest to go find the son of the sad character. Or at least do something to console the saddened individual, but no. This entire plot point is never mentioned again in the game. Even the racing minigame with him mentions him racing his son the same way also hinting at Link taking the form of his son.

I know I'm quoting something that is very, very old, but this struck me: I actually think this fits very well with Majora's Mask's overall themes. The idea that you can't save everyone is clearly evident in the very nature of the time cycle, and the fact that here exists an obvious sidequest hook and a very tragic and melancholy character that we KNOW how to help really drives that point home. No, we can't help him, and it makes us feel terrible.

And that's the point Majora's Mask makes, and I think the game is all the more affecting because of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom