• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How should horse registration be handled in BOTW2? Should it be global or local?

In BOTW it's currently global meaning once your maximum limit is reached (5) it's that for ALL stables. So what if in BOTW2 to spice it up you can only get your horse from the stable you board it? Meaning you have different stables have different horses and maybe add some new varieties while we are add it too. It would make it more realistic and for me fun.

Perhaps on your map (however they decide to do it) they can show you the horses you registered when you hover over a stable. If we go the Monster Maze route of No More Shiekah Technology perhaps it would be a list on your inventory and maps will be something you buy off of NPC's that show only certain areas and it's up to you to connect how they fit to gether. Perhaps the map could tie to your inventory so each map you look at it will show what you collected in that region including horses or any other wildlife you tamed.

This would be the Monster Maze version of BOTW2: Breath of the Wild 2: No more Sheikah Technology? - YouTube if we go this route it will be back to old fashion hand drawn maps. I was hoping some of the NPC's already in BOTW would give you a hand drawn map you could buy or they'd lend.

I've liked having global stables, but it's been too easy imo.
That picture looks like the Mario Party game where you use your analog stick to draw an exact path. So what do I get if I succeed drawing the guardian? A free Giant Ancient Core?

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
That picture looks like the Mario Party game where you use your analog stick to draw an exact path. So what do I get if I succeed drawing the guardian? A free Giant Ancient Core?
What? The image in my sig? That was just me playing with rocks at the beach on our vacation lmao.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
Honestly, the alternative to local stables would just be having to pay and wait at a campfire while they bring your horse over. While the global stables are a bit easy, the alternatives don't add enjoyment with difficulty, only needless hassle as you ferry your horse to and fro or pay someone to do it.

Don't mind the global stables but it would be fun to have different animals to capture, ride & keep!
Camels in the desert.
Polar Bears in the snowy areas.
Something made of stone (like the Gordon’s are) in the Volcano area.
Maybe an Elephant or a Zebra or even a mechanical horse!

zelda kid

peAce infiniTe
or a dolphin in Zora

2017022811043300-F1C11A22FAEE3B82F21B330E1B786A39.jpg

pn

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
Local
+More horses
-your favourite horses wouldn't be very accessible

Also, the stable guys bringing a horse from a monster/guardian infested place doesn't make any sense to me

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Global. I don't like fiddly bookkeeping and per-stable registration would be just that. We can teleport, screw perfect realism.

Even Red Dead Redemption 2, a game that prided itself on being excruciatingly realistic, had global horse registration at the stables, because running across the map to find a given horse is a nightmare.

Fig

The Altruist
Global. I don't like fiddly bookkeeping and per-stable registration would be just that. We can teleport, screw perfect realism.

Even Red Dead Redemption 2, a game that prided itself on being excruciatingly realistic, had global horse registration at the stables, because running across the map to find a given horse is a nightmare.

That's what I'm saying. Zelda is far from realistic. It has always been super anime/fantastical. If there was one thing that was annoying and cumbersome of BotW it was the horse system the game had. I don't want to travel across the map just to teleport and bring back the horse just to use it again. At that point, I was just doing the speedrunner strat of using stasis to use momentum to travel which I had more fun with travel with a horse in my opinion.

ArchAngel217

Spoonman, come together with your hands, save meee
In your head, in your head. Zombie zombie zombie.
I feel like it would be cool if there were multiple different stable systems. Like this:

Link: Boards horse at Delta Stable.
Delta Stable Manager: Thank you for choosing us!

Link: Goes to Sage Stable.
Sage Stable Manager: I'm sorry, we've never heard of a horse named "Horsey". I hope you know that if you board your horse at a Delta Stable, you have to get it from a Delta Stable, and if you board your horse at a Sage Stable, you must get it from a Sage Stable.

There'd be one stable system per region, to make the insta-horse retrieval make more sense. It would make it more difficult to transport your horse cross-region.
There would also be different stable systems for monster horses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom