• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Awakening Switch How replayable is LA Switch?

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
We already have one thread for BotW, so I figured it'd be time for one for LA too. Have you replayed LA a lot, if at all, since it's release?

I haven't replayed the whole campaign since the first time I did it.

That isn't to say I haven't touched it at all since then. I load up every now and again to find some seashells or just kill time since I love the world and LA itself is in my top 5 Zelda titles.

I do need to go back and do a deathless run at some point though.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Probably once in a blue moon for me as much as i enjoyed the game the controls stick a bit to my mind and it's not something i'd wanna repeat all the time

I intend on replaying it in the future, but not anytime soon. If you love the original, then you'll probably want to keep this one around. I usually replay links awakening once every two years.
If you're a completionist, then there's stuff to do after the credits roll, like collect pieces of heart

I love replaying A Link Between Worlds every year but I can't see myself doing the same for LA Switch. The story has its moments, sure, and the soundtrack is excellent but the dungeon design really shows its age, and revisiting dungeons is one of my main reasons for replaying Zelda games.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
Not a ton, there’s not a lot of new stuff that’s fun to do. I’ll probably dust it off every now and then to admire the scenery.

Storm_Echo

Gamer of Videos
It's got moderate replayability if you enjoy the core game (I do).

That is, it's good to come back around to after a few months or even years away to play again. But, definitely not the sort of thing I'd instantly restart after beating it.

Funnily enough, thanks to the map screen warp glitch in the original Link's Awakening, that version had a lot more replayability because you could sequence break the entire game and all dungeons, so you would beat it one way and then restart, map warp your way to the northeast corner of the map, and start playing from there. I must have played the gameboy version 4-5 times through in a row when I was younger just checking out all the glitched dungeon rooms, deleted or inaccessible content, and sequence breaking.

MW7

I replayed it for the first time last week. For fun I tried to do as many things out of order. I forgot to test if the Pegasus Boots or completing level 3 unlock level 4 (Marin may or may not go with you to Animal Village I'm not sure), but levels 1 and 2 must be completed to progress as you can't get Bow Wow until finishing level 1 and you can't talk to Richard to unlock level 3 until you give back Bow Wow which you can't until you finish level 2. After that then the game progresses based on dungeon items. So I grabbed items and went to the next dungeon, and beat the bosses in the order 8, 7, 6, 5, and 4. The owl got really confused and his messages came late haha.

I think it's a good game to play once a year. It doesn't take very long unless you try to complete all the chamber dungeons. The dungeons are fun no matter how many times I play them, and I have more trouble remembering where all the collectibles are in this game compared to others which makes the repeat playthroughs more enjoyable.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I wouldn't say it's all that replayable actually. The story is great, but I wouldn't want to replay the whole game just to get the true ending when I can look it up and watch it in just a few minutes online.

Most of the collectibles aren't even worth bothering to collect unless you're a completionist either. For example, I didn't bother getting the seashells to get the Koholint Sword and had no problem beating LA, especially with the Boomerang, which is basically the best weapon in the game, and the blue mail halving the damage taken.

Overall, it's a fun experience to replay every once in a great while, but not more often than that, in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom