• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Quick Do You Make Decisions?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
In life we will be faced with certain decision, each one specific to that situation -- so obviously the may differ from one another but our general thinking process stays somewhat similar.

So getting straight into the topic here, how quick do you tend to make decisions? Of course our thought and actions following will differ regarding what situation and environment you are in, so maybe just give general examples.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I get a little bit of background knowledge then hammer in my decision. Act now, think/regret later. :yes:

Big Octo

=^)
As the OP mentioned, it depends on the decision.

If it is something simple like what type of cookie I would like to eat, then I can usually decide on the fly. In any case where the consequences don't really differ from one another based on the decision, then I don't think to hard on it either.

Obviously, if I'm making a big decision, then I need to think it over beforehand. I analyze the theoretical consequences to determine which decision is better in the long run.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
For me it really depends. Sometimes I can be really impulsive, even on big stuff. Other times I will take my time deciding, even on trivial stuff. I'm random that way.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Well...

Friend: Hey, let's ride that huge roller coaster!
Me: OK!

Friend: Hey, let's go bungee jumping!
Me: OK!

Friend: Hey, let's go spraypaint Grad 2014 all over town!
Me: Hmm... I dunno...

So, as you can see, most things I would do without hesitation. However, depending on what it is, I may need to give a lot of thought to something before deciding whether or not I would actually do it.

OK, I admit that last one was a pretty bad example. I couldn't think of anything else :P

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I take my time and think very thoroughly about the decisions I'm making. I sometimes like to discuss them with my sister and/or my mom. I like better that way so that I could have opinions about my decisions.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I'm actually quite indecisive. It all depends on the situation, though I tend to weight each option carefully. Sometimes I act on impulse, but most of the time I think things through.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I used to make decisions very fast, was quite impulsive. Has led to quite a few problems and bad choices. But I take my time more now; life's slowed down and so have I. Can usually afford to take my time and really think through any decisions, rather than being forced to quickly because of circumstance, and because of youth! :P

That said, when it comes to clothes and furniture, always been slow. Picking out new curtains takes a good week or so.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
For me, it depends on the decision. Although I'm opposite of Big Octo.

Minor things like what to have for dinner? I don't really care, so I can't really decide if I'm asked to make a choice. My thought is; it's all fine, so what does it matter what I eat?

Major life choices I come to a decision as quickly as possible. These things actually affect my life, and I'm not going to sit around thinking about things and probably never actually doing them the way I planned anyway. It would just be a waste of my time. In life, I act first, regret later. I prefer to keep moving forward.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
It depends. If it's a minor decision then I take a few seconds to make my decision. I'd rather not waster my time on minor decisions that I can takes 3 seconds to make and not have any second thoughts. If it's a major decision though, I may take weeks or maybe even months to decide.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
It's typically hard for me to make quick decisions. I hate doing anything unless I'm really sure of what I'm doing. I don't like acting on things which I have little information or doubts about. As a result of that, I'm typically an indecisive person. I can't help but to worry about every scenario and every consequence before acting, and that sometimes even prevents me from acting at all. So, it usually take me a while to make decisions, especially big or important decisions.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
... I was going to say what most people here said - that if it's something small I make the decision fast, but if it's something big I take a long time to decide.

But after thinking about it, I realized that I'm pretty impulsive and generally make decisions really quickly. I can't sit down and worry about a decision for a month. No. If it's life changing, the longest I can see myself taking is 3 days.

Yet there are a few decisions that I can see myself spend much longer on. Deciding if someone is the one, for example. It's a decision which would stick to me for the rest of my life and heavily impact me. So I can see myself spending months thinking about that.

I usually try not to think too much on things, I guess. The more I think about something, the more indecisive I become :P I guess it depends of how much of an impact it would have on me in the future. Choosing to go to a regular school or a regional program took me less than a day. Probably because of parental pressure and the choice was pretty obvious. But both had their pros and cons. Yet this may not have as much as an impact on my future than choosing my life partner would (in my opinion). So I can see why I didn't take long to make that decision.

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
I make decisions usually pretty quickly. If it's important I'll think about it in depth but don't beat around the bush. I just try and get things done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom