• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild How peaceful should Zelda U's overworld be?

We've always had enemies in the overworld but some games have had less enemies than others. For example Ocarina's Hyrule Field is pretty sparse when it comes to roaming enemies, yet Twilight Princess has enemies who make it their business to chase you down and hurt you.

Another example would be Wind Waker's Great Ocean which was filled with swarms of enemies such as Seahats and Gyrogs that'd follow you the length of the map if you didn't deal with them, as opposed to Skyward Sword's relatively peaceful sky.

In Zelda U we'll have the biggest overworld ever, but would it be a chore to be constantly chased down by enemies?

Would too many enemies detract from the exploration side of things?

Do you want peace or action in Zelda U's overworld?

D

Deleted member 14134

At the start of he game have it rather peaceful with some lower level enemies. As the game goes on Stat to fill the world up with denser patches of tougher enemies.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I think I know what I want when it comes to the overworld. So as you start the game, make the overworld peaceful, and beautiful. Make me love this beautiful landscape. But as you complete more dungeons, add more enemies, more powerful ones, add more catastrophes. Not only would this serve as a nice way to balance the game, but it would also create a great sense of urgency as well.

Salem

SICK
No peace at all, if you step outside, you will IMMEDIATELY have monsters like gang up on you like chaos.

Why just one of the two? Hell, why even both?

IMO, a vast overworld should mean a diverse one. Let's have some areas be of higher concentrations of certain enemies that others, i.e. one region is a Bulblin stronghold, and a while south of that is a valley home to an extensive Moblin tribe. East of that, and you're entering a nation of bokoblins. There's no reason to spread all enemies equally across the overworld; in fact, it's rather unintuitive. This would add a political element to the overworld and force you to think logically about the least costly/dangerous route while traveling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom