• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How old were you when your family got internet?

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
Just curious about how old you were when the internet first entered your household.

I was 7 when we first subscribed to AOL and got my first email address, I can still remember the sound the dial up made. I was about 10 or 11 when we finally ditched that for MSN, and created my oldest email that still exists but I never use except to regain access to my current ones when they bork up.

Dunno. Young. 3 or 4 probably? Doesn't matter though because I wasn't allowed to play online anyway, and when we got a new family computer and my dad gave me the old one, he made sure I couldn't access the internet on it. Wasn't allowed to really use the internet until school started requiring it when I was like 10 or 11.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I would have been about 8 or 9 probably. I still remember getting online after school to play flash games online. I didn't end up getting a smartphone and really branching out online until I was about 15.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
Oh I remember that distinctively. My family got internet way back in the Windows 95 days, back during the days of broadband. I remember being 4 or 5 years old using Netscape Navigator to surf this new-fangled thing called the internet.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
no clue, b/c I remember my older brother having a computer during my kid years and I even played the Star Wars Battlefront games for PS2 online (first time I ever played any game online)
what I can say is I didn't start using the computer until I was like 9 or 10, and I would always just go on gamesradar.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom