• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How old were you when your family got internet?

My parents (both of them) are from the old school - both clueless with anything technical or even digital.
My first internet was thru AOL dial up!
Still remember their signature dial up sound.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Eight or nine, methinks. Back then, the internet was just for Runescape, Runescape forums, and quest guides for Runescape. Young me didn't think anymore of it.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
7 or 8 when we got dial up, but we barely used it, cause computer was slow as hell and it was expensive. We got real broadband when I was 11, but not a good computer to use it on properly until I was 12

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I don't even remember. When I was little, we had a computer but I hardly used it. I know I did use one a little bit when I was really little, but the earliest I can recall would have been at about 6 or 7, though I didn't personally start using the internet until I got my first email address at 8. We had it, I just didn't have any use for it, and my parents didn't want us playing online games.

So I know we had internet as early as the early 2000s, but i didn't really use it much until 2004 or 2005, when I was around 8 years old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom