• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Old Were You when You First Played Zelda?

Eight years old. My brother and I received Ocarina of Time for Christmas. Twas the most glorious of holidays.

I remember that I named my first character "PIKACHU". Good to know that my interests haven't really changed in the last 13 years.

I got into the series pretty early on by the influence of my older brother. If memory serves, I'd say I was at least three or four years old when I played my first Zelda. My first game in the series was A Link to the Past, by the way... :/

I know I played with my dad when I was about 4 or 5, but of course I was more watching than playing :lol:
The first time I played ALttP alone must have been... when I was 6, I think.
I was really bad at it, however, and only came back to it 5 years later or so...

i was about 6 or 7 when my brother bought the N64 with super mario 64 and OoT. i would sit and watch him for hours and whenever he took a break i would play a little bit :) i only got to the fire temple, but about 3 years ago, i was about 14, i picked it up again and beat it from star to finish. and after that i started looking up zelda on the internet and i realised that there was a hole bunch of zelda games :) i feel like such an idiot saying this now that iv beaten half of the games 100%. still got some of the old ones to go tho ;)

Rytex

Resident Netizen
I was 11 when I first got into Zelda. Purchased Minish Cap after I played a friend's copy of the game.

Now, the first time I played Zelda was around age 4, where I played ALttP, but I didn't remember it's name until I played ALttP/4S on the GBA and recognized a lot of the scenes.

I was about 6 years old, I think! Good times. My first Zelda was Ocarina of Time. It was actually the reason that my family got into gaming, even though it wasn’t the first game we got. My dad had asked the people in the electronics store if video games would be a good thing to get into and what system to get and why, and in response the person handed him a Nintendo 64 and simply said “Because of Zelda.” That was all. That’s some sound reasoning. :>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom