• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How old were you when you first played video games?

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
It would've been when I was 3, playing Sonic 2 when I was waiting at the dentist's office, though I wouldn't play a game I actually owned until I was 5 (Banjo-Tooie on the N64).

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
I think I was about 6. I would play Super Mario Galaxy and watch my grandfather play Skyward Sword on our Wii.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I have a distinct memory of playing Spider-Man on the GBA in a dark Pizza Hut around the age of four or five-ish. There may have been something other than that, but that one sticks out as the earliest.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I dont remember a time before them. Some of the earliest ones I remember were a paint by numbers game that told the story of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, the Animaniacs and Batman the Animated Series PC games, some game where you run a pet shop (I can remember the theme song from that still) and the Humongous Entertainment classics of Freddie Fish, Pajama Sam and Putt-Putt.
I also used games to learn to read. Shoutout to Zoophonics.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I was probably 6 or 7. While I can't pinpoint the exact year I played my first video game, one of the first games I recall playing is Lego Island, which I must have played in 1998 or 1999 or so when I was a wee seven years old.

Somewhere around 8 or 9 years old. My first video game I played was The Lion King from Sega Genesis.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I have no idea. 6,7 probably 8? My first gaming was the old NES at my grandparents house. Super Mario Bros. 3, baby! I didn't have a console in my house until I was like 12. Most of my childhood gaming was PC gaming, literally just roblox and Minecraft. I guess I played the occasional flash game too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom