• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How old were you when you first played video games?

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I'm not sure, I've been playing video games for as long as I can remember. Granted, it was originally just educational games we had discs for on our desktop. My parents got a wii around when I was 6, and I got my own ds lite probably within a year or two of that. Most of the games I had were, once again, educational; but I did have some basic platformers and adventure type games. Probably the first mainline game I played was Kirby's epic yarn in which I stood on th edge of the screen and made my dad fight all the enemies. So even before I was really playing games, I was watching him play them and wanting to be a gamer.

I was like 5 or 6 when Dad would let me borrow his phone to play Angry Birds.

That's the first game I played that I can remember, and I got a Wii which was my first console when I was like 7. There I played New Super Mario Bros. Wii which was my first console game.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
Maybe like 4 or 5 when we'd all play Super Mario 3 on NES.

First actual console was the SNES, and the first two games I beat all by myself were Chrono Trigger and ALttP. My siblings and I would also work through Super Mario World and Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2.

My brother gave me his Game Boy, and I played LA on it, and I eventually got my own Game Boy Color where I got introduced to Pokemon during the Gen 1 days.

Good times.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I can't quite remember at what age I first played video games, they've always just kinda been...there hah.

Thinking back, the first console games that pop into my head are Mario Kart Wii and New Super Mario Bros Wii. I have distinct memories around both back when I lived in Georgia (moved to MS at 6 years old), like accidentally waking up at midnight, thinking it was just early morning, and playing mario kart until I got caught pft. I had a goal as a little kid to beat my dad in a mario kart cup, hah, back then he seemed like the biggest pro at the game to me. (Now I'm the one beating him (:).
Also remember playing Wii Sports and Wii Play a lot and messing around in the Mii Channel.

Aside from console games, I also had a leapster explorer when I was little and I loved playing Mr. Pencil Saves Doodleburg, which if you couldn't tell, was a drawing game. You basically got to draw and color the town back to life. It taught about the color wheel, shapes, also let you trace the alphabet iirc. I remember playing through it and then starting over to restore the town all over again just because I had so much fun coloring and drawing stuff. It makes a lot of sense why I loved the game looking back, I was drawn to artistic sorta stuff even at that age. Still love that game today honestly hah, lot of nostalgia. There was also a pet game and I'd feed my cat lots of treats, hah.

Most of my memories with games are later on when I lived here in Mississippi. I got my 3DS not too long after moving and the first ds game I remember playing is My Little Pony: Pinkie Pie's Party.

Nice to think back on em all.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
Mario Kart Wii
Same lol! My first games were some random games in a rip off console. But my first real one was a Wii and first game was Mariokart Wii. I remember my MKWii came three days before lol. It was hell!
Tho I first played it in my cousin's house before getting the console which was around 5th grade I think.

I'd have to say 7, first game was Crash Nitro Kart. I've never been able to 100% it. Though, I probably could now if I wanted to, but I have beaten the game. The game was a blast, but replaying after I haven't touched it in a few years. I only just realized how hard the game actually is.

Though, most Crash Bandicoot games is a chore to get to the final boss, and usually the final boss is a joke. It's kind of like Mystery Dungeons in PMD. Probably the reason why I love both series so much. I find much more enjoyment when the journey is the focus, rather than the destination.

DarthCreeper10

mowing my life away
ZD Champion
I can't quite remember at what age I first played video games, they've always just kinda been...there hah.

Thinking back, the first console games that pop into my head are Mario Kart Wii and New Super Mario Bros Wii. I have distinct memories around both back when I lived in Georgia (moved to MS at 6 years old), like accidentally waking up at midnight, thinking it was just early morning, and playing mario kart until I got caught pft. I had a goal as a little kid to beat my dad in a mario kart cup, hah, back then he seemed like the biggest pro at the game to me. (Now I'm the one beating him (:).
Also remember playing Wii Sports and Wii Play a lot and messing around in the Mii Channel.

Aside from console games, I also had a leapster explorer when I was little and I loved playing Mr. Pencil Saves Doodleburg, which if you couldn't tell, was a drawing game. You basically got to draw and color the town back to life. It taught about the color wheel, shapes, also let you trace the alphabet iirc. I remember playing through it and then starting over to restore the town all over again just because I had so much fun coloring and drawing stuff. It makes a lot of sense why I loved the game looking back, I was drawn to artistic sorta stuff even at that age. Still love that game today honestly hah, lot of nostalgia. There was also a pet game and I'd feed my cat lots of treats, hah.

Most of my memories with games are later on when I lived here in Mississippi. I got my 3DS not too long after moving and the first ds game I remember playing is My Little Pony: Pinkie Pie's Party.

Nice to think back on em all.
The Leapster! That was my first "console" since it was all just educational. My first real game was Minecraft, my parents bought it for me on their laptop when I was 9. From there, I moved to Fortnite and then other games really. Zelda only came in July last year !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom