• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U How Old Was Link when He Got the Hero's Clothes?

Mr Reaper

Fear The Reaper
I looked up the trophy description and it said he was twelve when he got the hero's clothes but still, if Adult Link was 15, and Young Link was 8 (seven year gap), then how is 12 the age of either of them? It's either:
A. I'm just plain wrong
B. Non-Canon doesn't count
C. Once again, Nintendo fails to make sense

I would say 10-12 years old he acts very young, definitely younger than OoT adult link who was probably 17-20. I am playing WW now and he has a very child-like innocence.

Well, Link as a 10 and 17 in Ocarina of Time. In Wind Waker, I always thought of him as 10 because that is when the Hero of Time started his journey. At least that is how I always thought of it. [:)]

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I am dead sure that I read in a manual, or something, that he is 12 years old. This makes sense. The Hero of Time is clearly depicted as a boy in the legend told at the opening of the game, and the statue of him in Hyrule Castle is also a boy. Over time, it's made pretty clear that the Hero of Time's age was distorted due to the fact that the story became a legend, and that people began to think that Link fought Ganon as a 12 year-old boy. Since that's the legend, that's what his age was.

I've also heard that his statue in Brawl says he's 12. Just further confirmation if you ask me.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I looked up the trophy description and it said he was twelve when he got the hero's clothes but still, if Adult Link was 15, and Young Link was 8 (seven year gap), then how is 12 the age of either of them?

Adult link was 16 in OOT as he was confirmed to be 9 as a child. 9+7 years means he must be 16.
As for how he is 12 in WW, JuicieJ's post makes sense.

Mr Reaper

Fear The Reaper
I am dead sure that I read in a manual, or something, that he is 12 years old. This makes sense. The Hero of Time is clearly depicted as a boy in the legend told at the opening of the game, and the statue of him in Hyrule Castle is also a boy. Over time, it's made pretty clear that the Hero of Time's age was distorted due to the fact that the story became a legend, and that people began to think that Link fought Ganon as a 12 year-old boy. Since that's the legend, that's what his age was.

That's exactly what I came to think since my last post on this thread, I think the passing down through legend has distorted his age, and it became common to think he was 12.

Problem, solved.

I'm confused about this too, because they reference the Hero of Time who saved Hyrule. This is obviously grown up link who's like 17, but then they talk about when he had to leave Hyrule.
Link left Hyrule as a kid, so there's a bit of a contradiction there. Unless they mean how Link left and went back in time..., but that doesn't seem likely

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom