• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Often Does Your Past Play on Your Mind?

"Sometimes the past will attack the present with the pain of your memories."

We all have pasts and most of the time as we potter on with our daily routines we don't really look back and think unless something triggers it but every now and again, speaking for myself here, a memory will just hit me and i'll suddenly remember it, there won't be a reason for it it'll just happen without any forethought...

How often does this happen to you and is it a particular memory that keeps repeating or a number of other things?

octorok74

TETTAC
All the time. Usually it not the same one over and over, but a fair bit of the time they are painful. Either things that happened to me or things I did. But I have gotten better at pushing those memories out and keeping the good ones in and active. I mean like Delta said, "Memory is the key, but not all things that are locked are meant to be unlocked."

I have a pretty traumatic past, so certain memories and aspects of it do affect me regularly. But, like you, sometimes random memories will just come up, and they're not really bad or anything, just unexpected.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The past never plays on my mind uncontrollably; whenever a thought enters my mind of what happened any length of time ago is induced by myself, not because I saw something that sporadically caused this or that thought to come in.

It's usually a mix of things, such as when my dad and uncle would be barbecuing in the backyard (man i miss those days), or when I beat my cousin up.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I could go on a lot about my past...A lot of good memories combined with a lot of bad!

I tend to not let my past affect me though, I like to live in the moment and try not to dwell on the past! But something's are jsut to hard to forget and regrets do tend to play on my mind a lot...Especially when my head hits the pillow and I justnhave my thoughts with me! Sometimes listening to music always brings up the passt as it can set you in that time and place of that memory which can be sometimes a good thing or a bad thing..

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Mostly when I remember something I did that I end up regretting later on life that can bother me and my mind for hours until I clear up. Other times, embarrassing stuff I did in Middle School mostly.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
OMG all the time! All my little mistakes will haunt me in my quiet moments, from embarrasing myself in front of a friend to seriously dissapointing my parents. I try to push 'em down by thinking of good things, and/or stuffing myself into the FanFiction world I most recently created. Right now, it's a Hetalia AU that I can't write down yet.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Yeah, sometimes the same unpleasant memories come back to haunt me. Thing's I've done that I regret doing or times when I've been mistreated. I dwell on em for a time and it's distracting. They come seemingly out of nowhere but I just gotta shake myself out and soldier on. Sometimes they'll show up in the midst of a great song or something enjoyable. Kinda ruins the moment. Then they're quickly forgotten till next time. Irritating, huh?

Night Owl

~Momentai
Not too often. Sometimes I'll reminisce on the past and I learn what I could have done better.
Or I'll remember a past event, and use it to make a better decision in a similar situation.

I'm not plagued by memories, usually they serve some purpose such as relieving boredom or learning from the past.

toonlink

Most Active Inactive User
At least once every other day, replaying my worst failures, but also my best accomplishments (capturing Giratina with a Pokeball)

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
Quite often, I'd say. I like to reminisce back to the days of high school when I could hang out with friends and I wasn't so busy with work. I also look back on my past mistakes, and the chances I could've taken, especially in the realm of women. I've actually started recording my memories it on cassette, in case I get dementia or something and forget it all. I've got 3 tapes, 1 for each year. Its actually good idea. Its like a blog/vlog, but old school.

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
It happens really often and I would always end up crying when an old flashback came to my mind. I have a pretty bad past, so I'm trying to avoid making myself from remembering flashbacks.

Fede-hime

All about the treasure
All the time. And my past sucks. I try to ignore it as best I can. I don't need the extra stress of all those memories in addition to what I'm going through in the present.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom