• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Often Do You Use the GTS and Why?

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
As the title says, how often do you use the GTS and why? A two-pack question for ya. :lol:

I've used it often, really, more than a hundred times, for sure. Because I want to complete my pokedex, I knew I had to look into trading a lot, and so that is why I have been using the GTS a lot. But I haven't only been trading because I want to complete my pokedex, I also like traded pokemon because they level up faster, and so at times I've gone in there looking for some pokemon I need that I want to use and level up quickly.

Oh yeah, a third question would be: Do you even use the GTS at all?

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I use it whenever I have need of it. I mainly use it to fill out my Pokedex. I never use any of them in battle. I will use them in breeding though. Sometimes though if their stats are just too bad for breeding I'll go in there again for the same one. I don't usually keep one of each Pokemon so sometimes I use it to get a certain one for a breeding chain. If I get one I need at a certain level I don't have to spend time leveling it up to get the move I want to pass on.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I've never gone and used it. In fact, it's probably not even what I'm thinking about. This is the Global thingy, right? I haven't been able to connect my DS to wireless until about 3 or 4 months ago, and I'm pretty sure I haven't played Pokemon since. :P
I would generally just trade with a friend to get the pokemon which don't appear in my version.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I've never gone and used it. In fact, it's probably not even what I'm thinking about. This is the Global thingy, right? I haven't been able to connect my DS to wireless until about 3 or 4 months ago, and I'm pretty sure I haven't played Pokemon since. :P
I would generally just trade with a friend to get the pokemon which don't appear in my version.

Yep, it's the global thingy. :lol:

I did what you did as well, trade with a friend and with my own nephew, whom I got hooked into playing pokemon as well. He loves the games now as much I love them, too bad I don't see him often, otherwise It would be a whole lot easier for me to complete my pokedex. :P

MasterLink209

The new guy :)
Not too much. I set up a trade...then about 3-5 weeks later I look to see if I got the pokemon I wanted. If I don't (doesn't happen often) I put up a better (Higher level, rarer, etc) pokemon. I do three pokemon games at the same time like this.

:silent:

Fig

The Altruist
I use the GTS usually on Saturdays, mostly when I finish watching the new Pokemon Black/White episodes! :) I have cloned my event Pokemon multiple times so many other trainers can obtain it if they didn't originally got it when it was distributed.

I used to use it a lot as I used to use an Action Replay and had the full Pokedex so could trade anything. But when I stopped cheating I didn't use it as much as I prefer to catch and raise my own Pokemon.

Never. im always afraid that the pokemon i get will be some chumps hacked pokemon and i dont want to poison my game with unnatural garbage and ruin my chances at tournaments and such

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom