• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Often Do You Report Posts ?

How many times do you report posts a month ?

• 0 - I've never reported a post

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-2 Very rarely will I report posts

• 3-10 I report posts mostly at night, mostly

• 10-20 I report a lot

• 20+ I may as well be a mod ;)

• Total voters

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Quite a few times each day I'll run across something that needs to be reported; just tiny things mostly, such as topics needing to be merged with a similar thread, or moved to an appropriate subsection. Depending on the severity of the situation I'll write either a brief sentence detailing the offense, or a number of sentences if it's a problematic matter.

Before I became a mod, I reported more often - though usually I brought things to other mods' attentions via Skype. I'd just drop them the link and be like "Yo, here's trouble," and they'd get right on it.

Like Nicole, I'll usually bring violations of the rules to a moderator if I can. Skype has become a valid asset for that, although the ShoutBox is just as helpful. I find it better to address it to a mod directly so that they might quickly and efficiently deal with an issue, which in turn means that it can be handled in private [between the user and the mod/s] rather than becoming a prolonged offense over time.

Dan

I only started reporting a rather interesting fellow that had the urge to keep posting rather... Unique threads a lot, so I decided to pull the toilet chain. That's about it really, it's like the report button is made so small people don't even remember it's there. :rolleyes:

zellinkda

one of many
I've never reported a post and when it existed, I don't think I ever gave anyone a negative reputation. anything crazy enough to have to be reported is usually a flame war or something, and in that case, the thread will most likely be closed.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I think it's pathetic to post anything anyway.

Its a forum, how the hell do you get your feelings hurt on a forum full of people you don't even know? You obviously have personal issues if you feel you must report anything at all.

... It doesn't matter if you're on the internet or not. It doesn't make words hurt any less. Why do you think cyber bullying is such a problem? It is very easy to get hurt on the internet.

Then people are pretty dense and need to get out more, because it's sad that people let things from "invisible" people bother them.

Politeness on the Internet faces more problems than face-to-face communication precisely because of what you mentioned. Due to perceiving others as "invisible" people, users often tend to forget they are conversing someone who has feelings as well.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Eh, it's usually opening posts that I report, suggesting a merge when necessary. Even this is only about one a month, maybe two.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Well I don't know how to report a post. lol But if I did I wouldn't feel right doing it.

As Nicole pointed out right here:

@Anyone who doesn't know how to report posts:

10NHU

See this postbit? See the part that says "Blog this post"? Right next to it is the report button. It's a triangle with an exclamation point on it. Click on it and you'll be redirected to a new screen where you can submit your report reason. Simple as that!

Just follow these instructions, and it should be as simple as that. :)

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
I used to do it, somewhat. Mostly when it was an obvious dupe or a short-lived thread that no longer had a point, in which case a mod would've probably noticed anyway. When it comes to posts I might find offensive or whatnot, well, dunno. I'd always rather leave it to someone who had more of a sense for redundant or flame-bait threads.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
Never have, never will. Unless it is truly necessary. The majority of the time it isn't needed, the mods do their job Phenomenally well!

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I report posts occasionally about various things like if a thread should be locked, if a thread should be a blog instead of a thread, small things like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom