• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Often Do You Purchase Clothes?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Simple topic really; however, I'm just curious.

A lot of my money either goes towards saving to move to New Zealand, music gigs or clothes. I hate to admit it, but I buy clothes quite frequently and when I'm out in Town I'll see something i like and I'll buy it - providing I have the money of course. At the end of the day I enjoy buying new clothes, so it may be unhealthy to spend a lot, but if I enjoy it then I guess it's the best option for me.

I know some people are different, so how often do you guys shop for new clothes? And what's your general opinion on it? Do you think it's a waste of money? Etc.

Big Octo

=^)
Not very often. It's usually twice a year for me, but each time, I buy a large amount of clothes. I've never felt the need to buy new clothes every month or week, as I usually have a good amount in stock.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Oh man, I know I buy too many clothes.

I'll go out and shop and buy some stuff most week-ends, it's how I like to spend an early Saturday morning, wandering around town, and I'll order clothes throughout the week too if I see something good or if there's a sale on, which exacerbates things ten-fold. It's pretty excessive, I know it is. :P And when my wardrobe gets too full I have a clean-out and fill up those charity bags and give it to charity, like our local hospice, so that's something nice to do at least, a good deed for the day. Most of my disposable income goes towards clothing, more than anything else.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Not often. I only buy clothes when I need them, which isn't often at all recently. Whenever I needed clothes my mom just decided to buy a bunch of them for me for some reason. Now I have too much clothes.

Not too often, maybe once every 6 months (or more). I buy a pretty large amount of clothing when I do go shopping though so I wouldn't need to go back for more anytime soon.

bunny

birb overlord
Probably about once a month. If I had more money, I'd probably buy clothes a lot more often... I know I shouldn't, and I admit it, but I'm gonna be honest with myself; I'd want to. My sister usually goes shopping every weekend, so I just tag along. I don't have money to buy anything when I go with her now, but if I did...

I refuse to buy anything too expensive, though. I think the absolute most I'd spend on a piece of clothing is $20, and that's if it's a good brand. I don't care about brands for the most part, but when it comes to things like jeans, it's usually worth it if I invest a little more into them. They seem to last longer.

I think I do alright most of the time, though. I don't know, maybe even when I get a job I'll be able to stop the burning hole in my pocket. I'll probably find something else to spend my money on. :P

I'm extremely parsimonious with money, so most of my clothes are hand-me-downs and such. On rare occasions when I do go shopping for clothing, I usually purchase them from a thrift store, and only when in need. My clothes tend to last for a very, very long time, though, so I am almost never in desperate need of new stuff...

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
My mom does a lot of the clothes shopping for me. It sounds childish, but it's true. She typically goes shopping for clothes at second-hand stores (i.e. Goodwill), strictly for their cheap prices. Though, I will say that you can find some pretty decent stuff there besides good deals. Unfortunately, my mother and I have a very conflicting tastes, so whatever she buys me I don't necessarily like; however, sometimes I just have to deal with it. Aside from my mother shopping for me, I do some shopping of my own come back to school time. I tend to wear a lot of my old clothes, so I don't buy too much. Generally speaking, my mother goes shopping for me maybe one time every 1-2 months, and I'd say that's pretty generous of her.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I shop for clothes mostly when I need to, but not all that often because I want to. For the most part, clothes-shopping for me is a dreaded and sometimes humiliating process as most clothes are made in a certain size rate (now, I'm not overly large, but clothes my size are usually put in the 'bigger' section of the store, which I just find to be an insulting collection of shapeless clothes made from what looks to be nothing but leftover fabric). The store that used to stock jeans that suited my body shape has changed their size system, so now I usually have to stop by the men's section to find jeans, and they are much less flattering.

As for shirts, I have pretty much stopped buying them in stores. Instead I go to teefury. I already know my size there, so ordering shirts is no problem and it doesn't require me to visit a physical store in order to do it, which is a relief to be honest. Also, it's cheaper (not to mention the shirts there look a lot better than any of the things I find in stores now-a-days). So, apart from teefury, where I splurge whenever there is a new design that I like, I mostly buy clothes on a need-to-have basis. I replace things that get worn or torn, but I don't exactly expand my wardrobe...

As for what I think about shopping for new clothes outside my own personal discomfort with changing rooms and insane size regimes (I don't know if it's like this anywhere else, but I once decided to compare a pair of women's jeans of a certain size to a pair of men's jeans labelled to be the same size - the men's jeans were at least 1 1/2 times bigger than the women's jeans if not more), I think that as long as the clothes make you happy and you actually wind up using them, then it's not a waste.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
I don't go shopping for new clothes very often. Its like three months in between each time I go. Although I don't mind, because I get a bunch of free t-shirts from events I go to! =D

My general opinion is its okay to go get new clothes, perhaps once a month should be a limit if you really like to get new clothes. Because if you go shopping for new clothes excessively then that is a waste of money, because there are other more important things than new clothing you would need. Or you can give the money to charity, to people who can't buy new clothes. =)

Clank

Hmm
Never.

However I do ask my mother to get me more clother when my current rotating set starts to wear out, something like every six months, not much just a few pair of jeans and a couple of tees...

Yeah, I don't dress fancy at all...

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I get new clothes whenever I need them or when I see something I like. I do wait some time for new clothes because the clothes I have are fine and I don't need new clothes right away. I get all my clothes on one store and other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom