• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo How often do you play your Switch using the dock?

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
For those of us who have a Nintendo Switch (non-lite) console: how often do you play in handheld mode and how often with the dock?

I have found that I very rarely use the dock when playing mine. Probably only around five percent of the time I use the dock where as the rest I use when I am laying in bed or out on the go. It is nice to have the option to use the dock and I will surely be using it more when I play more Zelda.

I play docked with Pro controller 99.5% of the time.

If I'm handheld then it is to put in a friend code or do an update on the fly.

I never play handheld (my joy cons has drift anyway) and I never take my Switch out of the house for fear of dropping it and smashing it or being mugged and having it stolen.

When the system first launched I did play handheld for a couple of hours and didn't enjoy it, especially for Splatoon and the epicness of BotW is lost in handheld.

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
Most of the time I played dock. If I want to use my TV for something else then I'll play it on handheld mode, but otherwise I enjoy playing the games on my TV more than in handheld mode.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
When I first got the system, I spent most of the time in handheld or table top mode. I was playing BOTW pretty much in my bed 100% of the time, sometimes taking the joy-cons off to use the joycon grip to make it more "natural" to how I was.

Since I've gotten the pro controller and a nice little tv, I play most the time using my dock. I still will use the system in handheld from time to time, and I enjoy plugging in some headphones to just sort of get lost in a game. I appreciate the dock a lot now that I have more options for controllers.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
I think its something like docked a little more than half of the time vs undocked, I tend to go back and forth on that a lot so it's hard to gauge which method I play more on, of course that's the beauty of this system

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I haven't played my switch on a telly for about a month. While playing docked is my preference, I've only been playing games in very short bursts lately (Brain Age, CTR and Splatoon 2) and it's just been easier to me to play tabletop/handheld.

Ninja

Well well well
I dock most of the time, with the pro controller like Spirit does. However if I'm stuck downstairs, I don't mind playing undocked at all, it's just the battery life of the Switch kind of sucks depending on which game you're playing.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
I use docked a little less than half the time. Often, I have to be in my room for something, so I use handheld.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Always docked with the pro controller if playing a game. Undocked only when browsing the eShop for easier navigation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom