• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Often Do You Play Local Multiplayer?

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
How often do you guys play local (not online) multiplayer? As in at a LAN party, a gaming meetup, an expo or just at home with friends and family? Do you enjoy it more than online multiplayer?

I really enjoy playing local multilayer, however I don't get to do it as often as I'd like to :( Sometimes I will play with some school friends that will come to my house or play with friends that I met online at various gaming expos/events and gaming meet ups (organized by the other forum that I am a regular member of) and play games, eat take away, and chill. I really enjoy the local multiplayer experience and there is nothing quite like playing with friends at an expo or gaming meet up. For example at the last meet up I attended we all had a great time and got to play all kinds of Nintendo games including a Virtual Boy :)

How about you guys?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I am constantly trying to play local MP with my siblings but very few games actually offer local nowadays.

Mido

Version 1
Alas, I feel as if local multiplayer is slowly fading away; well in my case, I've just been doing it less and less. But when I do, it makes me think: "This is how video games are meant to be played." It's why I like going with my cousins to play the '64, whether the game be Star Fox 64, Mario Kart, Bomberman, or Rampage 2. Local multiplayer just has such a huge impact on the way I play for me. Going back to the question, I still do play somewhat frequently with local multiplayer, but considerably less so.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Never anymore... Its sad, really. LAN multiplayer battles are the best. The last time I played LAN must have been 2 years ago. Played LAN Age of Mythology with my roommates.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Depends on the game for me. For games like Mario Kart and SSBB, I prefer local multiplayer, and also any game that does not have online multiplayer. One advantage of playing with friends is that I get really satisfied when I beat them in a game, especially when I play with my big bro (He's not really... I just call him that because we're so close), who is much better than me at practically every game we played together (except Rock Band... I utterly destroy him in that :lol: ) Even with games like FPS, in which I prefer online multiplayer, I still play them with friends occasionally, except they're all so much better than me, so I usually lose :xd:

Dan

Haven't had a "lan party" in a good couple years :( Me and friends would always play Command and conquer, and some unreal tournament, *sigh* those were the days. :(

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Always. I hate online multilayer with a passion. If I can't find someone, I just play by myself.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Well, I play online more often than not, since I love playing with friends. People have weird hate against online for unknown reasons, but I love it. I do local multiplayer quite often really, since mine and my boyfriend's PC is all LAN'd up, and friends sometimes bring their PC around and we have a big LAN session on some game! It's so much fun. Did it a few weeks ago, boyfriend set up a local CS:S server and we all played Deathrun together. Haven't laughed so much in quite some time!

We also did have a little Mario Kart 64 session not so long ago, too. Tried hooking up the N64 but it just wouldn't work, so just plugged in 4 Xbox controllers to the PC, hooked the PC up to the big front-room TV and rocked some 4-player Mario Kart! :D PC Gaming master race!

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
I only play Nintendo games for local multiplayer, old and new. I still love it, have more fun playing local than online nowadays.

ILU

i luv u
I have played local multi-player for years. I've been raised around other gamers, so the option has always been available to me. Being a girl, online multi-player experiences are often hard to deal with, as I'm sure most people are aware. Online multi-player PERIOD is hard to deal with, but I've noticed I get a lot more crap than my male friends. So I rarely do online MP and stick with player locally with my IRL buddies.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
As often as I can. Love gathering mates around for Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Halo, Nintendo Land, Mario Party, Wii Sports and (get this) Link's Crossbow Training. Watching my friends do some LCT would make you cry. They're terrible. :lol:

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
I hardly ever go online for multiplayer. Usually my multiplaying needs are met with a small group of friends.... which is to say, usually just me and a friend. two friends if I'm lucky. However, when I was in High School still, I sometimes went to our Gaming Club, but even that was kinda small.

But anyway, I dislike online multiplayer (in general) because there can be lag, weird glitches (that only show up on one person's screen), and most online games that I like/play, you can't talk to the other players freely, or its very limited, (like Brawl). I know in those FPS games you CAN, but I don't like FPSs. I also don't like how people can pop out at any time, disrupting some online games.

If they can get all that fixed, in the near future, then sure, I'd play online a whole lot more.
But as it is, I can't put up with the Lag most of all.
I'd rather play all together with everybody, in the same room.
To me, it just makes a whole lot more sense, and is way easier. ^^

Big Octo

=^)
Whenever I have friends over, there's bound to be some good 'ol gaming going on, usually in the form of Super Smash Bros. I find myself playing local multiplayer these days more than single player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom